"Weigh In"

Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM

I am trying, but not sure how I will do.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM

Thanks so much to the person that started this!! Small victory
yesterday, actually big victory. I ate right and kept my blood sugar under control all day yesterday and did not have to take any insulin last night!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 PM

Never too late to join us, and yes everyone is in!! Just keep posting when you get some progress because we all want to hear about it. Cheering everyone on!!! {{{{{YEAH}}}}} You can do it Oklahoma Suzie!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:16 PM

Sharon - NC congratulations on winning the battle. I applaud you. Also, on your 55# loss. You are so right.
It aint easy.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:23 PM

I'm starting richard simons tapes again until spring. Going to start counting calaries. We all can do it. Weighted in today at 228.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
So far we have on board dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie

Wouldn't it be fun to enter from all of us, a total " weight lost" tally at the end of the month? I'm sure we could donate the fat somewhere!!
I think that is an excellent idea Lneal! Do you wonder where the weight 'goes' when it is lost? Maybe I shouldn't ask.

I also found the perfect 'mother of the bride' dress on Kijiji yesterday. It is 2 sizes down; I am thinking positive (and realistically I hope!)
Old 01-25-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon - NC
Is it too late to join? I'm following a very strict vegan diet after fighting (and winning the battle!) cancer this past year. I've followed it for four months and have lost 55 pounds. I've never felt better, but it's really hard, especially not having cheese, which i love and miss! I don't miss meat at all, and I had it at almost every meal before. I haven't had heartburn in weeks and used to have to take tums or alka seltzer almost every night. My weigh-in day is Thursdays. I'm part of a 60-day challenge to follow the Hallalujah Diet (www.hacres.com). They have daily support emails/videos. So .. can I play, too?? :)
Congrats on winning your battle with cancer and the weight loss too!! And OF COURSE you can play too! ;)

I'm afraid I could never do the Vegan lifestyle...I like my meat and dairy too much! I do admire you for sticking to it!!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Here's a yummy treat for you to try. Take a fat free graham cracker and break it where it is perforated so you have two halves (honey grahams are good, chocolate grahams are better), spread 2 tablespoons of fat free sugar free Cool Whip on one half. Top with the other cracker half. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until firm. Just like an ice cream sandwich. Yummy and very low calories.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:34 PM

Okay, lost 2 lbs since last Monday. I know that's pretty good but I wanted to lose 20!! LOL. I did eat better and walked more and I'll keep doing this. I still have to work on "grazing"--I don't like big meals but I planned out my 100 calorie feedings and stuck with that. Maybe that will help me stay around 1200-1400 calories/day. I think that's a good number-am I right?
Congrats to all who have made changes no matter how small--they'll pay off in the long run.
Let me know how the Chantix works for you. I have a lot of patients who've used it successfully. That's next on my "hit parade" of bad habits to break but I think I'll just work on weight loss for now.
Thanks everyone--you guys are the greatest!!
Peace-Jan
Old 01-25-2010, 04:05 PM

Great job Jan!!

Do me a favor...go to www.caloriecount.about.com, register, and just do the part (if you don't want to do the rest of it) that tells you how many calories you should be consuming per day based on your age, height, weight and activity levels.... 1200 calories is the bare minimum any woman should have!