"Weigh In"

Old 01-25-2010, 01:53 PM

All us girls who are exercised challenged. We gotta just do it. That's what I told myself today. To help out with strength building, we gotta pump a little iron. 1-3 pound weights will help or get out that can of peas and "push it up".
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 PM

HI Kim, wow, you sure had a lot to deal with at one time . . . too much. I pray your son comes home safely. I have daughters, but can imagine the worry that goes with a son in Kabul. My heart goes out to you and your son. Bless him and keep him safe.

My blood pressure is fine and cholesterol is fine, even though I pigg out on junk food way too much. thanks for sharing, char
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 PM

I'm still a smoker too Kim...am going the Chantix route...but so far I've still not quit! Maybe that's something we can work on together too!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:01 PM

So far we have on board dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie

Wouldn't it be fun to enter from all of us, a total " weight lost" tally at the end of the month? I'm sure we could donate the fat somewhere!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM

If you have room for one more, I would like to join in too. My DH and I joined WW in October. I am currently in a workout challenge with Jonathan Roche, who is a virtual trainer. I'll talk more about him later. I have been taking baby steps, by taking the stairs. I started out with one flight and almost passed out from not being able to breath, but now I do 3 flights several times through out the day. I work on one thing at a time and currently I am working on drinking enough water. I work out with Wii Fit every morning, and believe me that is fun. You can work at a very slow pace and build up your endurance. I feel my body getting stronger all the time and I can finally see that I am losing inches. I am giving the clothes that are too big to one of my weight watchers friends.
I think this is a splendid idea, and with the support this group gives each other this should prove to be a very helpful, loving, encouraging group.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:05 PM

sew cornie yes, dancing. Even though I am not good at it, either. But, it is a lot of movement. You should see me (oh maybe you shouldn't) you would hurt yourself laughing. It is fun. Of course, there is no one else here to see me get down.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM

quiltingcharlotte I'm over 70. My dance steps so not look like what these young chickies are doing, but I'm doing my best. The music gets me moving.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:09 PM

i can't take the chantix..or how ever you spell it. i am already on anti-depressants while dealing with fibromyalgia.
and thanks, the soldiers are always on my mind, no matter where they are.

i here-by promise to pop the new leslie/walk a mile dvd in, tomorrow morning..i don't think i can start out every day..maybe every other day. if i go into a fibro flair, i will be down for 2/3 or 5 days or more..i have to go slow in the beginning. i hate winter..just thought i would add that...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 PM

Is it too late to join? I'm following a very strict vegan diet after fighting (and winning the battle!) cancer this past year. I've followed it for four months and have lost 55 pounds. I've never felt better, but it's really hard, especially not having cheese, which i love and miss! I don't miss meat at all, and I had it at almost every meal before. I haven't had heartburn in weeks and used to have to take tums or alka seltzer almost every night. My weigh-in day is Thursdays. I'm part of a 60-day challenge to follow the Hallalujah Diet (www.hacres.com). They have daily support emails/videos. So .. can I play, too?? :)
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Lneal putting up a monthly combined loss tracker is a great idea.