"Weigh In"

Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by carolevidak
Last night I met friends for dinner at a bar-b-que place. Nothing light on the menu and all the salads were heavy on the points. I settle for a few slices of turkey and asparagus. I wighed myself this morning and I had lost 8 more ozs. But let me tell you that was the worse meal I have ever had. LOL No taste at all. I would have much stayed home and had a smart One - Turkey dinner. LOL But the company was wonderful. But I went out to dinner and stayed on my diet!!!
{{{{APPLAUSE}}}} Feels good? :)
:thumbup:
Old 02-14-2010, 02:45 AM

Good job Pat!! :)

Gold stars on the calendar would be a fun (if juvenile) way to reward ourselves for behaving....maybe some kind of shopping trip as a reward for 30 stars? ;) :lol:
I think it would be appropriate to get one fat quarter for each quarter pound of fat lost. For those working on fitness goals, maybe a fat quarter for each week we fulfilled our fitness program.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:46 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by laparshall
Quilting Grannie: You Go! That was a tough pound to get rid of. Great outdoing the younger guy too. You have a right to be proud of yourself.
I second that! Good Job :thumbup:
Old 02-14-2010, 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Good job Pat!! :)

Gold stars on the calendar would be a fun (if juvenile) way to reward ourselves for behaving....maybe some kind of shopping trip as a reward for 30 stars? ;) :lol:
I think it would be appropriate to get one fat quarter for each quarter pound of fat lost. For those working on fitness goals, maybe a fat quarter for each week we fulfilled our fitness program.
That's a really cool idea! "FAT" quarters for my fat quarters!! LOL

Ok, it's 4:50 a.m. and I just finished working but couldn't log off until I checked the posts from today. I have had a couple really bad days, or at least it seems that way to me. Today I started the WW points (24 points don't go very far). I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I did. I ended up with exactly 24 points, and I'm really hungry now, but going to bed, and feeling good about getting back on track.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 AM

Hmm..I always want a Wegmans cookie for a reward, but THAT doesn't make sense.. :roll: and I have too much fabric (and more on the way), but my best reward is feeling sexy(ier)! :wink:

WW hands out stickers and ribbons and even star pins--so there IS something to that idea. :-D

I'm doing those Calenetic sit-ups about 4 times a week and started at 120--100 of one kind, 20 of the other--and I'm up to 150. I can feel I'm able to curl my pelvis up more too, which makes them even more affective. I added an exercise I saw on the internet last week called planks... interesting move. I never thought it'd do much, but I can feel a difference already! It's hard to hold, but easy to get to.

I had read someone's comment about noticing an improvement in fitness... and it's fun to see. Jump-roping is a good one too, but hard to do inside.

Brenda--yay for you!! 24 doesn't go far--I allow myself 25, which is more than 21 (what I should have), but I add the extra because of chores and I never stop moving. When I'm not losing, I look over my daily food choices and try to find where I can substitute less for something I'm eating. When I don't write it down, I go over every time.

Pats--I'm very impressed by your Taco Bell move. Bravo!

The world is FULL of POINTS out there! :|
Old 02-14-2010, 05:56 AM

Good job everyone--I don't have any gold stars to pass out but I'm patting you on the back!!
Charlee: thanks for the "cheat day" idea. Fridays are the worst for me because Pharm Reps bring in lunch (OliveGarden this week) and DH insists on pizza on Fri nights. I'd figure hey I blew it and would just eat what I wanted on the week-end. After reading your post, I realize I screwed up for just ONE DAY!! That was a "duh!" moment for me--ONE DAY got messed up; not everyday. I'm a little dense at times but that was a real eye-opener. Between that and Karla's soup and all the other hints here I'm doing and feeling better about myself for the first time in a long time. Thank you all!!
It's Sunday-have a peaceful or pieceful day-
Jan
Old 02-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

For those who have trouble with mobility the easiest exercise is pilates and worth the investment for resistant cords, they cost about $8 at AMAZON. Pilates was invented by a doctor during World War 2. It was made up of ropes and pullies so that the injured soldiers could get excercise while in bed. I am disabled and would kill mysef if I tried to exercise, I also have no balance system so walking/running is out of the question. With pilates you could sit in a chair or even lay in bed. Now that I have started my diet I will do pilates. I have a brass bed so it is easy to set up. I have 1 resistance cord wrapped around the headboard and 1 around the footboard. I am able to work both my upper and lower body. I also use a 3lb weighted ball sit on the floor and roll it between my legs as far as I could bend foreward and then roll it back. A person doesn't have to be in tip top shape to be able to exercise and things get easier with time. The one amazing thing about pilates is you see results in about 2 weeks, you will look more toned even if you are still heavy. The best of the best is.............. you don't sweat when doing them. That is the best part as I HATE sweating.

Everyone should have a cheat day it boasts your metabolism and helps you loss more weight, if you diet everyday your body goes into starvation mode and you stop lossing weight as you body will start to store fat. So have a cheat day it's good for you. ;-) ;-)
Old 02-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Good job everyone--I don't have any gold stars to pass out but I'm patting you on the back!!
Charlee: thanks for the "cheat day" idea. Fridays are the worst for me because Pharm Reps bring in lunch (OliveGarden this week) and DH insists on pizza on Fri nights. I'd figure hey I blew it and would just eat what I wanted on the week-end. After reading your post, I realize I screwed up for just ONE DAY!! That was a "duh!" moment for me--ONE DAY got messed up; not everyday. I'm a little dense at times but that was a real eye-opener. Between that and Karla's soup and all the other hints here I'm doing and feeling better about myself for the first time in a long time. Thank you all!!
It's Sunday-have a peaceful or pieceful day-
Jan
JanRN, we know we are on the right track when one of us says "I'm doing and feeling better about myself for the first time in a long time." That sentence speaks volumes! I actually got goosebumps! lol

I am the only female in my immediate family, and I realized that I just gave up after all the years of hearing "it doesn't matter." Seems like anything that was important to me didn't matter. I couldn't understand that mentality, because EVERYTHING my fellas do is more important to me than anything. I sort of just became one of the guys in the house. With the support from everyone I have met here, I feel like being a girl isn't such a bad thing. I'm so sorry for writing such long posts. My guys aren't interested in what I have to say, except "dinner's ready." LOL I work at home too, so am fairly isolated. If I sound needy, I'm sorry. lol I'm not really needy, I just feel so close to everyone on this board. Thanks so much for all the support.

Giving the WW Food List a more thorough look, I can see lots of ways to stretch my 24 points. It never fails, any time I'm on a diet, I actually get more food than when I'm not dieting. Just different choices. :-) Thank you all for sharing your tips and experiences. :-)
Old 02-14-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
For those who have trouble with mobility the easiest exercise is pilates and worth the investment for resistant cords, they cost about $8 at AMAZON. Pilates was invented by a doctor during World War 2. It was made up of ropes and pullies so that the injured soldiers could get excercise while in bed. I am disabled and would kill mysef if I tried to exercise, I also have no balance system so walking/running is out of the question. With pilates you could sit in a chair or even lay in bed. Now that I have started my diet I will do pilates. I have a brass bed so it is easy to set up. I have 1 resistance cord wrapped around the headboard and 1 around the footboard. I am able to work both my upper and lower body. I also use a 3lb weighted ball sit on the floor and roll it between my legs as far as I could bend foreward and then roll it back. A person doesn't have to be in tip top shape to be able to exercise and things get easier with time. The one amazing thing about pilates is you see results in about 2 weeks, you will look more toned even if you are still heavy. The best of the best is.............. you don't sweat when doing them. That is the best part as I HATE sweating.

Everyone should have a cheat day it boasts your metabolism and helps you loss more weight, if you diet everyday your body goes into starvation mode and you stop lossing weight as you body will start to store fat. So have a cheat day it's good for you. ;-) ;-)
Great idea! I'm with you; I don't like to sweat either! I also have disc problems and other health issues. It is good to know that we have options. Have a great day.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Hmm..I always want a Wegmans cookie for a reward, but THAT doesn't make sense.. :roll: and I have too much fabric (and more on the way), but my best reward is feeling sexy(ier)! :wink:

WW hands out stickers and ribbons and even star pins--so there IS something to that idea. :-D

I'm doing those Calenetic sit-ups about 4 times a week and started at 120--100 of one kind, 20 of the other--and I'm up to 150. I can feel I'm able to curl my pelvis up more too, which makes them even more affective. I added an exercise I saw on the internet last week called planks... interesting move. I never thought it'd do much, but I can feel a difference already! It's hard to hold, but easy to get to.

I had read someone's comment about noticing an improvement in fitness... and it's fun to see. Jump-roping is a good one too, but hard to do inside.

Brenda--yay for you!! 24 doesn't go far--I allow myself 25, which is more than 21 (what I should have), but I add the extra because of chores and I never stop moving. When I'm not losing, I look over my daily food choices and try to find where I can substitute less for something I'm eating. When I don't write it down, I go over every time.

Pats--I'm very impressed by your Taco Bell move. Bravo!

The world is FULL of POINTS out there! :|
LOL. I didn't even think about adding any extra points!! LOL I will try to stay within the 24 to begin with because I haven't started exercising yet. Getting closer though. You must be in amazing shape to do so many sit-ups. You are my hero!! Keep up the great work. You must feel amazing!