"Weigh In"

Old 02-10-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
I know that I have heard that it is around 24 points but no idea what a point is and how to measure it etc. Do you get so many per day and so many extra etc.?????
Yes, you do get so many pts per day, and the more you lose the less pts. It seems like 1 pt = 50 calories depending on the fiber content of what your eating. I know there are extra pts per week to use however you want. Hopefully we get some better answers.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:18 PM

How many points you get to use depends on how much you weigh at this moment. I am not sure if you can get the point system free on line or not. I have their book and also their calculator that figures it out for you. Of course, in the calculator you have to fill in the calories, fat and fiber and it figures out the points. If you want to know what a certain food is - I could look it up for you.
You do get 35 points extra a week to use if you want to. I don't see the point in that. If you want to loose weight why the extra points. But I guess it is good if you are going to go off the diet. I can't imagine just eating whatever you want one day a week and still taking it off.

Let me know if you want me to look something up for you.

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM

Yup, the site above is just like the WW calculator that I have. It will figure out the points for you.

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Thanks alot. I found this site online too

http://www.quiddity.cc/rachel/diet/wwfoods.htm

I also found this quiz as to how many points you should be eating:
WW Quiz

1. Are you
female?- score 2
Male?- score 8
A nursing mom?- score 12

2. How old are you?
17-26- score 4
27-37- score 3
38-47- score 2
48-58- score 1
over 58- score 0

3.What do you weigh?
Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds.
(for example, if you weight 199, you will add 19 to your score)

4. How tall are you?
Under 5’1- score 0
5’1-5’10- score 1
Over 5’10- score 2

5. How do you spend most of your day?
Sitting down? score 0
Occasionally sitting? score 2
Walking most of the time? score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time? score 6

Now add them all together and that’s your daily total
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM

Now that is an interesting quiz. Pretty close to the points that I have using. One off - maybe they updated their points for your weight.

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the info on the ww points, that was extremely helpful.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by trupeach
I haven't been around the last few weeks so I didn't see this but can I play??????????? I started a diet this past Monday, I was suppose to start in Sept but never did. This will be soooooooooooo much fun.
You bet you can play! Tickled to have you on board. :-)
Old 02-11-2010, 03:43 AM

I'm finally losing!! My official weigh in is tomorrow morning... so I'll wait to see where it goes between now and then.

WW is the way to go, in my opinion. Nothing else has ever worked for me.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
I also found this quiz as to how many points you should be eating: WW Quiz
That is the formula for figuring out your points from a page in WW pocket guide. You add all of those items up and that gives you your point per day. Plus the 35 per week. (I'm not sure why they give you those points either, but there are days when I sure am glad that I have them.) You also earn points for activity.

It is pretty easy to follow the program when you have support. The meetings are pricey, but I find that they are worth it to learn how the program works. Once you reach your goal weight and if you maintain it, you become a lifetime member and the meetings are free. (everyone's goal)
We have people who have signed up online come to our meetings, because they require the face to face support with the other members.
Also you can walk into a Weight Watchers center, and purchase the books that list the points values of many foods. They also have snacks and other items for sale. This stuff is pretty pricey too, but if you got yourself a book with point values, you would be able to do alot. My daughter downloaded an "App" to her phone that is a WW points calculator (free). They also sell a points calculator at WW ($10).

You can also purchase WW foods, snacks, icecream, etc at the grocery store. However, the items you can purchase at the meeting centers is not available at the grocery stores and vice versa. Most of the snacks, cookies and other things we have purchased are very tastey and usually are within the 1 to 3 point range.

We have a few people on here who follow the WW program, so you would be able to get a lot of info and support without actually going to meetings. Good luck to you. Let us know if we can help.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Thought I would share some great tips for losing weight. Gonna go get some water right now! LOL!!

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/10...t-quickly.html