"Weigh In"

Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I had a bad day yesterday too. It could have been worse, but could have been better too. I see several of you mention "points." Is that for the WW program?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 PM

Hi Brenda, Yes, the points are for WW. That is what I am doing without going to the meetings. It really bugs me that if you do not go to a meeting you still have to pay. We have a motor home and do travel a bit - so I can't see the point in going. But the program is good - you just have to stay on it.

What program are you on - or are you counting calories?
Whatever you are doing just take it one day at a time - What day did you pick for your weigh in? Mine is Thursday -tomorrow. I hope it is a loss for me.

Good luck on whatever your goal is!!!!

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

[quote=carolevidak]Hi Brenda, Yes, the points are for WW. That is what I am doing without going to the meetings. It really bugs me that if you do not go to a meeting you still have to pay. We have a motor home and do travel a bit - so I can't see the point in going. But the program is good - you just have to stay on it.

What program are you on - or are you counting calories?
Whatever you are doing just take it one day at a time - What day did you pick for your weigh in? Mine is Thursday -tomorrow. I hope it is a loss for me.

Good luck on whatever your goal is!!!!

Carole[/quote

I am hoping you have a loss to report tomorrow too and feeling very positive about it. :-)

A big problem for me with weight loss is trying to decide what to do and then stay with it. I don't have time to go to meetings, and just plain don't wanna. :-) So far, this time, I'm working on making better/healthier choices, cutting down on portions, watching fats, calories, and carbs, and still working on the exercise part.

I am weighing in on Mondays. Maybe I will switch to Thursdays too. After the weekend is not the best time to weigh in. I can be good all week and blow it on Sunday night, especially with salt, which doesn't look good on Monday. :-(

I am not a meat eater. I work a lot of hours, and don't take time to prepare things for myself (DH and the 2 DS's who are here now are meat eaters), so quick and easy is my downfall. I'm keeping fruit, salad, tuna, yogurt, oatmeal, soy milk, Instant Breakfast, and Cream of Wheat on hand. Whenever I do prepare something for me, the guys go for that first and I'm back and square one, hunting something quick and easy. They are like human vacuums! I made them a huge pot of chili (which I don't eat) a couple days ago, and it was gone in a day and a half! The things I can think of to fix ahead for myself are rice and pasta, which aren't usually foods associated with weight loss. I have about 70 pounds to lose. Some days, everything seems overwelming, but I like your advice and will try to remember during the down times, "take it one day at a time." Thanks, and I'm keeping my hopes up for your weigh in tomorrow. :-)
Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 PM

Brenda you just have to tell them hands off the diet stuff explain that they have all the rest of the stuff to eat but this is all you can eat. My husband and I are retired - but I catch him eating my diet stuff too. Mostly for lunch.
I ignore it for awhile - but then I open my mouth and explain to him that is all I have to eat if I want to loose this weight.

I have 40 lbs to loose by July. I also have a hard time sticking to this diet thing, but I think that this site does help. Makes you realize that you are not the only one trying to beat this battle. The gals here also give you great tips.

We will hang in together and beat this diet thing----Yes, we will!!!!!!

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Can someone tell me how to figure out the point system for WW. Is there a table or conversion site for points? Also how many points should you eat a day? Someone told me that they save up all their extra points and then on Saturday eat what they want and still lose weight. Is that possible?
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by lhavelka
Can someone tell me how to figure out the point system for WW. Is there a table or conversion site for points? Also how many points should you eat a day? Someone told me that they save up all their extra points and then on Saturday eat what they want and still lose weight. Is that possible?
That's an interesting question. It has been 7 yrs since I have done the pts, and my info is probably outdated now. Looking forward to some post on this one! Thanks in advance!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I haven't been around the last few weeks so I didn't see this but can I play??????????? I started a diet this past Monday, I was suppose to start in Sept but never did. This will be soooooooooooo much fun.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM

I know that I have heard that it is around 24 points but no idea what a point is and how to measure it etc. Do you get so many per day and so many extra etc.?????
Old 02-10-2010, 07:12 PM

Found this site for the point conversion on line

http://www.webmilhouse.com/pointcalc.php

Still need to know basics though how many per day etc
Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Welcome trupeach! We're all in this together and having so much fun. This thread is motivating and informational too. Keep us posted on your progress and feel free to add helpful info. "Weigh in" with us as often as you like. Together we can make the difference in gaining that healthier lifesyle!!