"Weigh In"

Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 AM

I wanted to tell you ladies about a wonderful product that is a lifesaver for me. Pillars Turkey pepperettes are amazing. They are delicious and ONLY 50 CALORIES! Two with a few triscuits for my lunch and an apple is very filling. If we can purchase them in Canada, I am sure you American ladies will have no trouble finding them.

Keep on keeping on!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:06 AM

Great news Carole on your loss. Good for you.

LNeal: I made the apple, banana, peanut butter and cool whip snack last night and split it with DH. We both liked it a lot. Even 1/2 of the recipe was about a cup, so that was a great snack. And it smelled so good with the warm p-nut butter. It has been added to our quick, tastey snacks. I plan to share it with our WW buddies tomorrow at meeting. Thanks again for sharing.
Linda
Old 02-10-2010, 10:11 AM

Aye-yi-yi, confession time . . . I've completely sabotaged myself this week. WAY TO MANY cookies. I've gone up 2 lbs. since Saturday. Ugh. I actually got out of bed this morning and dropped the rest of the cookies in the garbage. HA! I've been relying on willpower instead of self-discipline. Not a good idea. Ah well, my official weigh-in isn't until Saturday. Maybe I can drop one of my newly extra lbs. by then. Yeesh.

Great job to all the rest of you for staying on track! I'm so proud of you!

The p.b./Cool Whip snack idea reminded me of one of my favorite sandwiches:

Slice a banana in half lengthwise. Spread 1 Tbs. peanut butter on one side. Dot with craisins (or raisins if you prefer). Put banana back together and eat. Yum! Would this one be okay for those of you on points?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:20 AM

Oh Sew Cornie, we all go through days like that - don't beat yourself up. You threw out those cookies this morning - Yea for you. Start anew - you can do it - believe me, I know how hard this is.

Your sandwich sounds sooooo good, but the bread would do me in on points. Maybe a little treat later on after I have lost some more pounds.

Hang in there with us - we are all there for you.

Carole

P. S. I just learned that drinking the water really does help - so don't forget - drink water LOL
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Thanks Carole. I knew I could stop beating myself up and start again today. I'm good at drinking water - 16oz. just with breakfast this morning. It's that sweet tooth that gets me good.

No bread in my recipe. Only banana, peanut butter and craisins. I call it my crana-banana-peanutbutterama sandwich! Only I can't have peanut butter anymore because my kids are allergic. Sunbutter or pumpkinseed butter are good substitutes.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Well without the bread I can have that - sounds real yummy.
I will defintely give that a try - Thanks!!!!

Boy, you are real good at drinking all that water. I never use to drink water except in tea or coffee. Just started to follow the advise I got here and started drinking the water yesterday. It was a success - overnight I lost 2 lbs.
So now I am a believer!!

Hang in there today and let me know tomorrow how you did.
Tomorrow is my weigh in day - I hope I continue to loose today.

Carole
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 AM

Thanks for the boost of confidence. Water is SO good for us. Congrats on getting started. Best wishes for you!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM

I have had "fall off the wagon days" but I realize it is only for one day. All the guilt vanishes as soon as you get back on track the next day. It doesn't seem to hurt the diet too much either. We can all have a not so good day, but be encouraged to do better quickly. We are here for each other!!

Stay with it girls and enjoy the great feeling of losing those pounds!!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 AM

Yep you are right! We all tumble off that darn wagon once in a while...perhaps we should lobby for higher sides on the wagon? lol
Just remember, every day is a new day, a new chance to start over...in fact, every meal is a new opportunity to make wise choices. Hang in there everyone...someone on another board suggested glue...placed in a...strategic spot, it might just keep us on that wagon!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:36 PM

You know, every time I put something in my mouth I worry that it will put me in the plus side of that scale. The guilt is so bad, but I know that worrying makes everything worse. The more you worry the more you want something to eat - at least with me that is the way it is.

I tried the peanut butter, banana, and cool whip as a snack today and it was delish. I left out the apple to try to keep the points down. (besides I used the last apple yesterday). And you are right - it really fills you up ---along with all that water LOL. I am still drinking!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing that snack - it is so great and guiltfree -- I hope. I will find out tomorrow when I weigh in.

Just work on today --- tomorrow will come soon enough!!!