"Weigh In"

Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by laparshall
I weighed in at my WW meeting last night and I had a 2.4 lb. loss. I was so excited. That puts me only 2.4 away from my next goal. I am going to keep doing what I am doing. You may get tired of hearing me say this, but, once again, thank you all for all of your encouragement and support. I really helps so much.

Linda
Congrats Linda! You are so close!
Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 PM

The people in the fat quarter thing are not suppose to log in their weight. Is that correct? I didn't log mine in on Thursday, but I kept it. If this correct - we will only log in our loss/gain the end of March.

Carole
Old 03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by carolevidak
The people in the fat quarter thing are not suppose to log in their weight. Is that correct? I didn't log mine in on Thursday, but I kept it. If this correct - we will only log in our loss/gain the end of March.

Carole
That is what I thought too this way people won't get discouraged if they aren't losing as much as someone else. I DID get discouraged when I saw laparshal lost 2.4 lbs in a week I was happy for her however I have lost only a pound or a little more most weeks. I know people will lose more then me but I don't want to know I lost the reward until the end of March because I really don't expect to win. Lneal said if we want we could PM her with the weight loss and she would keep track of it.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach

Carole
That is what I thought too this way people won't get discouraged if they aren't losing as much as someone else. I DID get discouraged when I saw laparshal lost 2.4 lbs in a week I was happy for her however I have lost only a pound or a little more most weeks. I know people will lose more then me but I don't want to know I lost the reward until the end of March because I really don't expect to win. Lneal said if we want we could PM her with the weight loss and she would keep track of it.
I understood it to mean that we weren't supposed to put our losses on the reward thread. My loss is a big deal to me I worked my butt off getting up every morning at 5:00 am and working out, by watching what I ate and journaling every single bite of food I took. I made sure I drank enough water and ate lots of fruits and veggetables, and it is very hurtful to me that I can't share the results of my hard work with this group. I also resent having my name mentioned like I have done something wrong. I had a gain last week, did that discourage anyone? I worked very hard to get that loss and I wanted to share it. I have been sharing my Thursday night weigh-ins results every week since this thread started in January. I am not putting a total. I woudn't expect anyone to add up what I have said that I am losing each week when I report my weigh-in.

I have been nothing but supportive on this thread, and I will continue to be encouraging and supportive, however, I feel like I just got slapped and I wanted to say out loud that I don't appreciate it.
Linda
Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 PM

Linda, I am so sorry that you took it that way. I thought that maybe I should have put my weigh in loss/gain on. I didn't know if you were or were not in the FQ thing. BTW, I never mentioned your name - I asked a question. Again, sorry you took this so personal - it certainly was not directed at you. Just want to know if I was doing what I was suppose to do.

CAROLE
Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM

I'm sure no one meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just that on the other thread we were told not to mention how much we lost and since most of the people on that thread read this thread it was just assumed that we wouldn't report our losses on this one either. I am so happy that you lost those pounds Laparshall!! I know how much work it is and no one wants to take that away from you. Maybe we should be able to post our losses because that is what this thread is all about...and if we know people are losing it will make us try harder. Just a thought..
Old 03-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by trupeach

Carole
I understood it to mean that we weren't supposed to put our losses on the reward thread. My loss is a big deal to me I worked my butt off getting up every morning at 5:00 am and working out, by watching what I ate and journaling every single bite of food I took. I made sure I drank enough water and ate lots of fruits and veggetables, and it is very hurtful to me that I can't share the results of my hard work with this group. I also resent having my name mentioned like I have done something wrong. I had a gain last week, did that discourage anyone? I worked very hard to get that loss and I wanted to share it. I have been sharing my Thursday night weigh-ins results every week since this thread started in January. I am not putting a total. I woudn't expect anyone to add up what I have said that I am losing each week when I report my weigh-in.

I have been nothing but supportive on this thread, and I will continue to be encouraging and supportive, however, I feel like I just got slapped and I wanted to say out loud that I don't appreciate it.
Linda
Linda I understand completly what you are saying, however look at it from a different point of view. If you read the reward thread Lneal said that thread was only to sign up and that thread should die. Everyone who is in the weigh in if they are doing the reward or not comes to this thread. If the weight wasn't suppose to be posted on this thread it shouldn't have been posted on the other either. I do not want to get into a confrontation with you and I am sure you worked very hard to get where you are however we have ALL worked hard. You should consider yourself lucky that you are able to get up at 5 and workout you have an advantage over some of us. Some of us are disabled and WE are trying our hardest not to win FQ's but to prolong our lives. And as for the gain you had last week the rewards were not started at that time so that is a moot point. This is a game and as in all games there are rules. Lneals rule was no posting of lost weight wheather anyone was keeping track of other peoples weight or not is not the point here. Once again rules are rules and I would assume if a person was inclined to not follow the rules they should not play the game. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!! You should be proud of the weight you lost we are all cheering for each other but the total loss will be posted at the end of March and we could all cheer for each other then.

And just for the record today is my birthday and I didn't have a cake. Many of us are doing exactly as you are minus the 5am workout.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Happy Birthday Trupeach. Now that took determination!!! Good for you!!

Carole
Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 PM

Hey girls, just want to say there's no harm done in laparshall posting her loss for the week. I am really the one to blame here for not sending a pm to everyone who signed up on the "weigh in reward thread". I had thought about it so that everyone would know to keep their weight loss a secret, I sorta thought that part would be fun, along with not wanting anyone to be discouraged by another participant losing more weight. I know this thread is a place where we all get encouragement and there are some ladies here who will post weight progress, that are not in the fat quarter reward and I want them to.

So my apologies to laparshall and anyone who may have been offended by it. She had a great weight loss for the week and I am proud of her for it, as I know everyone else is too. Many of us are just like her and I think we all deserve applause :D :D

I think for those of us who are participating in the fq reward it would be best not to tell how much we are losing, but I certainly am not going to protest anyone who wishes to share it anyway. Ladies I will leave that up to you and hopefully this thread can continue with all the encouragement and support we have to offer each other.
So happy losing girls and keep up the good work :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Happy Birthday Trupeach!