"Weigh In"

Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM

This isn't a recipe, just a tip. Most of you probably already do this...but I'm slow sometimes...

I discovered you can cook baked potatoes (regular or sweet) in a crock pot. I wrapped several in foil, put them in my crock pot on low and went to work! when I got home I had baked potatoes that were ready to peel and mash.

just thought I would share. great job everyone on improving your health! whether you see it on the scale or not.

Rose Hall
Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 AM

Rose, I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Carole
Old 03-04-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
On Monday I did the eliptical for 20 mins. Tuesday I walked around the mall w/Ms Morgan do'n her tryke from 10am-4:00pm (and I didn't even get to shop). Yesterday I didn't exercize at all.

I've been taking my iron tablet 2x a day, but I haven't really cut back on my eating yet. I'll keep try'n!
That's awesome! you are headed in the right direction with the exercise first. It may be what motivates you to start cutting back on your eating or to make healthier food choices.

QuiltMom, it's so much easier to fix one meal, glad your hubby is with you :D When I lose weight then my husband does too!!

PhyllisM said (quote) i rejoined again the gym that is close by my house cause they cut their dues in half did that in Jan. haven't been yet. ate 3 mini icecream sandwiches todays one of these day I'll get back on it been quilting too much teehee WAY TO GO!!!! Glad you are here with us.

Here is a recipe I use for a quickie dessert that my family enjoys and even my friends. It really does not taste low cal.

Pumpkin Spice Cake

Take a box of spice cake mix and add to it 1/2 cup applesauce and 1 small can pumpkin (16oz) In a large bowl mix together, until mixed. Pour into sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake for 25 to 30 min at 350 degrees. Let cool and serve with low cal cool whip.
Cut into pieces of 12 and it is 100 cal per slice or 2pts. I like to keep my cake in frig so it stays cold but you don't have to. ENJOY!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
I tried this spice cake (actually I couldn't find a spice mix so added my own spices to white mix) and it is AMAZING!!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Lunch today............another recipe

Creamy Raspberry Chicken Salad

serves 2
calories per serving 280 including dressing

3 cups chopped lettuce (iceburg or romaine)
4 oz cooked chicken cubed (if you don't have cooked chicken use a 5 oz can of chicken drained)
1 1/2 Tbsp craisins
1/2 c canned mandarin oranges drained

Layer in a bowl the lettuce then chicken next oranges then cranberries. Pour Creamy rasberry dressing over top.

Creamy Raspberry Dressing
1/2 plain yogurt
1/4 fat free milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 raspberry jam or preserves ( this workd well with blackberry too)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)

In a small bowl wish all together. Pour over salad.

If you want to use the dressing for any salad or as a veggie dip it is 10 calories per Tbsp.

I don't do WW so you will have to figure out the points if you are.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by trupeach
Lunch today............another recipe

Creamy Raspberry Chicken Salad

serves 2
calories per serving 280 including dressing

3 cups chopped lettuce (iceburg or romaine)
4 oz cooked chicken cubed (if you don't have cooked chicken use a 5 oz can of chicken drained)
1 1/2 Tbsp craisins
1/2 c canned mandarin oranges drained

Layer in a bowl the lettuce then chicken next oranges then cranberries. Pour Creamy rasberry dressing over top.

Creamy Raspberry Dressing
1/2 c plain yogurt
1/4 c fat free milk
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp raspberry jam or preserves ( this works well with blackberry too)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp poppy seeds (optional)

In a small bowl wish all together. Pour over salad.

If you want to use the dressing for any salad or as a veggie dip it is 10 calories per Tbsp.

I don't do WW so you will have to figure out the points if you are.
Sorry.................. I didn't realize I forgot to type cup for the yogurt and milk, so it is 1/2 c plain yogurt and 1/4 c fat free milk. And the jam is 1 1/2 Tbsp. I was in such a hurry to eat I messed up but it is corrected now.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:19 PM

The Pumpkin Spice Cake sounds wonderful! Do you still add the eggs etc. or just applesauce and pumpkin? Think I will make it for Sunday that's the only day I allow everyone to have a little something extra.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Trupeach - That salad sounds so good. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-04-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
The Pumpkin Spice Cake sounds wonderful! Do you still add the eggs etc. or just applesauce and pumpkin? Think I will make it for Sunday that's the only day I allow everyone to have a little something extra.
No you do not add any eggs, only pumpkin and applesauce with the spice cake. It really is good, with cool whip.
:-D :-D

Someone shared this recipe at a WW meeting several years ago and it's low in calories and yummy too!!

Thanks for the tip RoseHall about the potatoes, I didn't know that either.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 PM

Newest update: The total weight loss for the month of February is 55.7 lbs :D :thumbup: :thumbup: That gives us a running total loss of 131.3 lbs!!!
Congratulations to ..... janRN QuiltMom QuiltingGrannie Lneal Quilt4u lhavelka carolevidak truepeach laparshall MrsMel ranger quiltylori :!: :!: WAY TO GO GIRLS !!

NEW UPDATE!![/quote]

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 03-05-2010, 01:07 PM

I weighed in at my WW meeting last night and I had a 2.4 lb. loss. I was so excited. That puts me only 2.4 away from my next goal. I am going to keep doing what I am doing. You may get tired of hearing me say this, but, once again, thank you all for all of your encouragement and support. I really helps so much.

Linda