"Weigh In"

Old 02-09-2010, 03:03 PM

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I swear every time I go to grab a snack, I hear someone here saying: "NO" LOL-that's exactly what I need. Reporting in has helped so much.

April: thanks, yes Patches (he came with that name) is part Dal: dad was a Dalmatiam, mom was a slut. He's my I'm-never-getting-another-dog dog. He was starving when they brought him to me. Now he's on the QB weight loss plan, too. We walk a couple of times a day and this is helping us both. It's a little difficult right now with all this %%$#%$ snow but we're doing it!!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 PM

Another good tip I have for breakfast is to add 1 tablespoon peanut butter to oatmeal. Sounded yucky until I tried it! Really yummy. Nothing like protein and oatmeal to get you going for the day...and you don't get hungry as fast with protein. I have started using PB2 for this. It is kinda like powered peanuts, mix right in with your oatmeal and almost no fat. Not real good reconstituted and spread on apples or bananas, but does give recipes the peanut taste without all the fat and calories. Check it out at the website: http://www.bellplantation.com/ There are recipes on the website also.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:52 PM

The Reduced Fat peanut butter by skippy is actually very good! Try that as a substitute for regular peanut butter. I eat this with low sugar smuckers strawberry preserves on a magic pop rice cake and it is about 85 calories and a wonderful snack!

Jan
Is he your never getting another dog dog because he is fabulous or horrible?
My dalmatian was the best dog in the world and I find the dogs I have had since she has passed while wonderful no where near the bond her and I had.

I hope everyone here reaches their goals! I am settling in for the evening preparing for the snow!

Thank you all for the warm welcome on this thread.
Hugs
April
Old 02-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Many mornings for breakfast I am eating Quaker Instant Oats Weight Control instant oatmeal. I have it at my desk after I get to work. It is 160 calories, but I like it because it has 7 grams of protein, 6 grams of fiber...holds me until lunch! I need that protein to get through.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
For some reason I stopped getting the emails with updates. Hopefully my comment will get me connected again.
Rose, check at the top of the thread page for the 'watch' tab. ('Unwatch' will turn it off.) Click on this, and you will be prompted for an answer. That will get the e-mails started again, if your comment did not.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:28 PM

I have drank 4 - 8 oz of water today and I feel like I am floating. I am still working on another. But how can you any quilting done with all the pit stops? LOL

That snack sounds just wonderful, but isn't 4 points alot for just a snack?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:34 PM

It depends on how satisfied you feel after eating the snack. A 2 pt snack may not fill you up and you may find you are still hungry. A lot of times the quality (not sure if I'm saying this right, hope you know what I mean) of the snack will leave you more satisfied. After Iv'e eaten this (yum yum snack) I feel pretty full. I think ww lets you have some extra pts, maybe they could be used this way.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:43 PM

I am definitely going to give it a try. Now all I have to do is get to the grocery store for the cool whip. Hmmm maybe I should go tonight. LOL
Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM

LOL Well I have the cool whip --BUT it is frozen LOL. Maybe tomorrow :(
Old 02-10-2010, 06:55 AM

Okay, I now believe that water is a must when dieting. I lost 2 lbs overnight!!!! I could hardly believe it. Of course, I also watched what I was eating. Yesterday, I drank 4 - 8 ozs of water and today I am going to work on drinking 5 - 8 oz glasses. Tomorrow is weigh in for me, and I hope I can get through one more day with a weight loss. I tend to go up and down - very discouraging. Good luck to all the ladies on this site - we have to believe that we can do this.

Carole