"Weigh In"

Old 02-28-2010, 05:05 AM

I weighted in at 210 this AM not happy, but getting back on track today. I was down to 200 but so much has been going on, today will be better for sure. Have a great day ladies.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by wvdek
woohoo! Tonight DH and I went to the dance hall ( no we didn't dance, just listened and had fun people-watching), but guess what? I got into a size smaller jeans!!!

Yippee! I haven't seen size 16 in over 1 1/2 years. I was 18 and some 20's until about 4 weeks ago. I've really cut back on the sugar intake, hardly any packaged or frozen foods, did have a couple of sodas compared to one a month I may have, have been drinking alot more water, ate only when I had hunger pangs, stopped eating just before I got that full feeling, and very little in the way of snacks. I am eating more nuts and my DD made some trail mix that takes care of me when I want a little something in-between meals.

Of course it hasn't helped being sick and on meds, but I still ate.

Paying attention to when you are really hungry (feeling the true hunger pangs) and not just when you think you are is very important. Also, you need to stop eating before you get full. By that time you have eaten too much. It's ok to leave some food on your plate. The food police are not gonna arrest you if you do.

You can do it ladies.
Congratulations!!! You are doing great, and you bring up some very good points, and thanks for sharing what is working for you. It is exciting to lose the pounds, but I can hardly wait until I can wear my 16 jeans. Keep up the great work. You are doing so well!! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
Not sure if these is a new board? I have been having such a hard time with my weight, being in a soft case for over 6 weeks & no gym, sitting around has not helped me any and neither does all this snow, housebound, I have gained back almost 10LBS of the 38 I've lost. This is such a bummer, so down in the dumps over this::))
Buddy's mom, I know it is a downer to gain anything back. It is soooo hard to get off and so easy to get back on! What a mean trick! BUT, try to be positive. You lost an incredible 38 pounds, and only gained 10 of it back. You will lose that 10 again. Hang in here with us, and we will all make it to our goals. Hug
Old 02-28-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pats8e8
Originally Posted by Pats8e8
I weigh in tomorrow morning. Feel like I've eaten a lot this week, had that cold and was just starving all week, so will see what the scale says tomorrow.
Well, that nasty scale told me I had gained weight instead of losing it. So for the month of Feb, I gained a lb instead of losing any. Boo hoo, I will try harder in March, but have a 4 day quilt retreat to stumble through. (food wise I mean)
Pats8e8, please don't let it get you down. The weather will be changing for the better in a matter of days, and it will be easier to get more exercise and that pound will come off before you know it. Hang in there. March is gonna be a good month for all of us.

:thumbup:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:01 AM

Ok, here is my weigh in. First, I will say that I'm not discouraged. I'm sick and get little exercise, BUT, I have made HUGE changes. I try to make sure everything I put in my mouth is healthy. At first, I thought those 24 WW points would not be enough, (get ready, I have another big BUT LOL), going over the list of foods thoroughly, those 24 points are more than enough. I actually eat more using the point system, just different. Oh, back to my reason for this post LOL!!! PHOOEY!!! I just realized this isn't Monday!! I weigh in tomorrow! As of now,... I'm so confused. I will check in tomorrow. Sorry about that.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:47 AM

I'm not joining this group but just want to share a heads up. I've lost 12 in 6 weeks not by watching fat or calories but by watching carbs and hidden sugars in food I eat. Only give myself 9 grams of sugar per day..don't eat anything that says diet on the label, no food from jars like spag sauce, pizza sauce, bbq sauce, etc. Break is a huge no no and so is pasta, white rice. Following Jorge Cruise food plan and bought his book The Belly Fat Cure. He gives you a carb swap list that is so easy to follow. Fruits are not the solutionl. They are full of sugar so eat them in moderation. Chocolate? Yes I eat it..the dark, dark stuff. Milk choc has the sugar in it. Never hungry since I eat 5 times a day. Amazing how the love handles melted away. Everyone finds a food plan that works for them and this one works for me. Good luck everyone.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:57 AM

Today will be the last day to pm me with the total weight lost for Feb and I will tally it up again. Remember last month the total was 75.6 lbs!! I want to give everyone a chance here so looking forward to the pm s soon. Remember this is for the month of Feb.

Monday starts a new month and the "Weigh In Rewards Program" so if anyone would still like to participate please sign up on that thread to get in on the fun. Happy losing everyone!!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Don't forget to weigh in tomorrow for the rewards program - it is March 1st. I really have to start walking again - without it I can't seem to keep the weight off. It has been raining here in AZ so have not walked in a few days. But like everyone says tomorrow is a new day. I have to lose at least 30lbs for my son's wedding. You know getting older makes this very hard. LOL

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

Carole
Old 02-28-2010, 07:53 PM

One more hour to go then it will be March 1. Just had my last piece of chery pie,cup of coffee,but I know it will be worth it to do without. Good Luck ladies!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:59 PM

Hi Mary Ann, Good to see you are still on here. Boy, we sure need the encouragement don't we. Those weddings are fast approaching. I lose a few lbs and when I can't walk because of rain - I put it back on. I keep telling myself to STOP EATING. But I have been watching the points and when I don't exercise - it revisits me. But tomorrow we start and I MUST DO THIS. Good luck - keep me updated on your success.

Carole