"Weigh In"

Old 02-28-2010, 08:07 PM

Thank you Carole!!! I know we can do it (all of us)! I saw a dress the other day,maybe it will help me to keep on the right path,but with all the snow we hace had and more on the way I haven't been able to walk although I do the walking dvd . Good Luck and thank you for the encouragement ! :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 PM

Well back to the gym for me today, I have been so down, but I'm hoping to get back on track here. Good-luch ladies, we can do this!!
Have a great day.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:59 AM

The total weight loss for the month of February is 37.7 lbs :D :thumbup: :thumbup: That gives us a running total loss at 113.3 lbs!!!
Congratulations to ..... janRN QuiltMom QuiltingGrannie Lneal carolevidak truepeach laparshall MrsMel ranger quiltylori :!: :!: WAY TO GO GIRLS !!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:45 AM

Good morning!! It's March 1 and here we go. Just want to wish everyone good luck and may the best loser win!!
Thanks again for all the encouragement and tips. Hey we're getting MORE #$#@% snow this week but as long as there's no ice it's been kind of fun to walk in it (even when it was 23 inches high!)
Off to work-have a healthy eating day, everyone.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 AM

Morn'n ladies. Today IS the first day of me take'n care of ME!

I have been gawd awlful sick for about 1.5 months - flu, sinus infection, flu again and animia. I pretty much slept the entire month & a half. Being where I have a business I run from home, being sick for so long has put me way behind w/my work *frowns*.

Over the weekend, I started to feel a little more like a human being again.

Some prior history: I went on a 'healthy' kick a while back. Lost 20#s in 6 mos & have pretty much put it all back on in about the same amount of time. I need to figure out why I keep sabotaging myself. I know how good I feel when I eat right, loose weight & exercise, but instead of stay'n on path, I jump off in to the tangles of previous bad habbits. I've done this twice so far (1st time I lost 30#s & put back on 40), perhaps the 3rd time is the charm & the healthier life style will stick...

Starting weight: 188

My goals:
1. Eating healthy - lots of veggies.
2. Replace soda & coffee with WATER.
3. Lower my cholesterol. Current LDL is 146, needs to get down to 130.
4. Exercise minimum 3x a week for 20+ minutes.
5. Improve mental health.
6. Loose weight.

That sounds like a lot of goals but I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'll work on focusing on the success I have each day no matter how small they may be.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 AM

Well on a good note I lost 2 pounds so I officially start March at 250 which is not a pretty number. The only good thing is I am 5'8 tall so I do not appear to weigh that much. I really need to get to at least 167 in order to not only be healthy but to help with my medical condition. It would be nice to be pain free and have this shunt do what it is supposed to without my fat interrupting that!
So...let's see what March brings for me. I am thinking a new shunt is in the horizon but who knows??
Good luck everyone!
Hugs
April
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 AM

Everyone is doing so well, even with a few gains, you all are still stopping by to say hello and you are thinking about your health, and asking for and giving support. It is not easy when you have had a nice loss and then go off track and gain it back. But it is just a matter of making the decision to get right back into the game, and keep looking forward. Don't beat yourselves up over the past that you can't change, however, you can change today and tomorrow though, so focus on that. Whatever your plan is, write it down, post it on your fridge so you can see that you are important enough to take space on that fridge. Thanks again to everyone of you who continue to inspire me on my journey to get healthy.
Linda

PS I want to win those fat quarters for March!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:43 AM

A quote I read in a magazine once states it all:
The difference between who you are & who you want to be is what YOU do :-)
Hugs
April
Old 03-01-2010, 07:38 AM

I'm checkin in at 170.4, 5'tall. I lost 30 pounds during Sept, Oct, Nov, and gained back 20 of it in Dec, Jan, Feb. Today starts a new chapter in my life and I want to be healthy, fit and "shrunk". It is a struggle, but I know we all can do it.
((((((((((group hug)))))))))
YTQ Diana
Old 03-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Morn'n ladies. Today IS the first day of me take'n care of ME!

I have been gawd awlful sick for about 1.5 months - flu, sinus infection, flu again and animia. I pretty much slept the entire month & a half. Being where I have a business I run from home, being sick for so long has put me way behind w/my work *frowns*.

Over the weekend, I started to feel a little more like a human being again.

Hi Roseanne,
So great to know your feeling better, I finally got back to the gym today, I had gained 10LBS back as well with the foot in a cast, but now I'm going for blood!!!!! I have to do it, I'm gonna exercise, tan, and eat healthy!!!!

Some prior history: I went on a 'healthy' kick a while back. Lost 20#s in 6 mos & have pretty much put it all back on in about the same amount of time. I need to figure out why I keep sabotaging myself. I know how good I feel when I eat right, loose weight & exercise, but instead of stay'n on path, I jump off in to the tangles of previous bad habbits. I've done this twice so far (1st time I lost 30#s & put back on 40), perhaps the 3rd time is the charm & the healthier life style will stick...

Starting weight: 188

My goals:
1. Eating healthy - lots of veggies.
2. Replace soda & coffee with WATER.
3. Lower my cholesterol. Current LDL is 146, needs to get down to 130.
4. Exercise minimum 3x a week for 20+ minutes.
5. Improve mental health.
6. Loose weight.

That sounds like a lot of goals but I'm going to take it one day at a time. I'll work on focusing on the success I have each day no matter how small they may be.