"Weigh In"

Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 AM

Trying to fine tune the specifics on the " Weigh In Reward Program", which will be a post by itself. Hopefully the bugs can be worked out soon and everyone will get a pm sent about the details. Any ideas would be welcome on the subject, so feel free to post them.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:42 AM

Oh no!!!!! Weighed in today and I didnt lose an ounce :cry: I didnt cheat at all and didnt lose an ounce. I'm not giving up gotta still keep going.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 AM

Weighing in a day late - and no progress down... But I consider even that something of a victory. I have spent two weekends (in a row) on the road. The last one was 14 hours drive time in two days, and that is difficult for me. So I am staying steady (no gain!!!) And hoping to get back on track this week.

Edit: I am still here - did not drop out, just not near a computer for a few days. The incentive plan sounds fun, but not something I will be able to participate in. Thanks for the opportunity. Will this thread be continuing for those of us who want to do this without the incentive?
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach
Just a thought, what if we would have a reward every 3 months. It would have to be on the honor system of weight loss, but whoever lost the most in that 3 month period of time we send FQ. If it is a tie we could send fat 1/8 or somthing like that. The options are open right now. We could start on March 1 and end June 1. Everyone would have to keep track of their own weight loss. What do you think???????????
I don't have enough weight to loose so won't be in with the incentive portion of this thread, but will stop in from time to time to post and read how everyone is doing. I only have 6 pounds (Maybe 9) to loose.

I have started walking these last couple of days since the sun was out and the temps were actually warmer outside then they were in my dept. at work! Today the clouds are covering the sky, and I'm home but have so much to do....
Good luck to all!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Weighing in a day late - and no progress down... But I consider even that something of a victory. I have spent two weekends (in a row) on the road. The last one was 14 hours drive time in two days, and that is difficult for me. So I am staying steady (no gain!!!) And hoping to get back on track this week.

Edit: I am still here - did not drop out, just not near a computer for a few days. The incentive plan sounds fun, but not something I will be able to participate in. Thanks for the opportunity. Will this thread be continuing for those of us who want to do this without the incentive?
This thread isn't going anywhere it will still be here, the reward incentive thread is in conjunction with this one for those who want to do the reward. We need all the help and support we can get so they will not be divided. If a person wants to do the reward they will say so on the other thread but continue to come here with their weight loss each week. The other thread is more or less just a sign up sheet for those who want to do the reward, nothing more then that.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Banned

I guess 1 pound is better then none and that is all I lost this week. Now I know how they feel on the biggest looser when a person looks shocked when they haven't lost much weight in a week. I did everything right and didn't cheat not once. Not even a crumb of a cookie. There were cupcakes for my DD and I didn't even crave them. I shouldn't complain I didn't gain anything I did loose but I am disappointed. Maybe my scaled is broken...........NOT.(walking away with my head hung low) :cry: :cry: :cry: I hope next week will be better.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 AM

Well, I just returned from my retreat and have been unpacking. It sounds like everyone is hanging in, trying, and not giving up. Those of you who aren't losing as fast as you think you should based on your eating and exercising, keep on doing what you are doing, that weight loss will show up eventually, and take the time to measure, at least your waist, once a week and you will see your progress.

I had quite a challenge while at the retreat with the "bring snacks to share" these ladies brought so many yummy dishes. I enjoyed some of the dishes, but I avoided many of them also. There was fruit and veggies, to dip in the creamed cheese dips and spreads. I'm not sure how well I did since I weigh in on Thursday, but I know I didn't eat everything, and the meals were prepared for us, so there was a nice blend of healthy food and some things that were a bit higher in points values. I didn't track my points this weekend at all, which allowed me to really enjoy the whole experience. Today I will get back on track, and continue on my journey. I had a wonderful time at the retreat and it was so relaxing and I met so many new people.

I'm not sure if I posted my weight loss from last week's weigh in, but it was 2 pounds, and that puts me within 3.5 pounds of my first 10% goal.

I would be happy to join in with your weight loss incentive plan. I think it is a good idea, and a fun thing to participate in. It will keep those of us who do join in motivated. Let me know what your final idea is. BTW, I do not wish to divulge the secret of my original weight. Maybe later down the road, but not right now. I would love to compete for and maybe win some fat (loss) quarters though.

Good luck to everyone, and those of you who think that just because you are not living up to you own expectations, or are having health issues that may interfere with you weight loss goals, please don't leave us. We all need you to keep us going too. This thread isn't just about you losing lbs, it is about supporting us too. Sharing your trials, helps us to see that we could really have it a lot worse than we do. Your challenges are motivating to the rest of us, and we would like to support you on your journey also. It is good for us to see your successes even though you have challenges. Sometimes, success is simply getting up and checking in with us. Please stay!
Sorry for the long post, but I have been away for awhile quilting.

Linda
Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Hang in there!!! I didnt lose anything and I am still here. Maybe next week we will do alot better. I didnt cheat either!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Banned

This is my thing with the reward/incentive. If I commit to something I will stick with it, I will do my best to stay on my diet not to get fabric if I loss the most but I am committed to following it through.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45 AM

I just wanna lose the weight; I've got plenty of fabric....probly could start my own quilt shop!~