"Weigh In"

Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 AM

Hi Gals! 10 of you have sent a pm with your weight loss for the month of January, and it is looking awesome for our total tally!! ( which I would like to post Fri ) Remember 1 or 2 lbs is a great weight loss. Anyone who would like to participate please pm me by today or Thurs so I can calculate the total. I will post the names of the {losers} and the total tally from everyone. I think it will encourage all of us!
I am not going to single anyone out, just show our combined losses. So please let me know soon so I can count you in. Thanks!!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Thank you all for being here. I was emotionally exhausted this morning after a stressful night and after dropping off my kids at school, I just wanted to crawl back in bed. BUT . . . I have you to be accountable to. So instead I went out for a 20 minute bike ride. It was too cold to do more, but I felt SO MUCH BETTER afterward!!! Such a better choice to pound out some stress through large muscle work than crawl in a hole like a snail. Thank you thank you thank you!
Congratulation! Thanks for setting an example for the rest of us on dealing with stress. Choosing brisk exercise in the cold over being a snail would probably not have been my choice, but with your example I'll now have to think twice the next time I have that choice. (Did you know that snails like to eat chocolate? At least the one at my house does! :shock: )
Old 02-03-2010, 03:48 AM

Laveta Nichols has a great jeans jacket pattern. That is what I am saving my to big for when they get to big... I have lost 11 lbs in a little over a month. My husbans is walking and soon as I can I want to walk with him. I fell and hurt my knee. And as usual when we decide to loose he always looses faster than I do. I got a stepper at Goodwill and I bought one of thise little mini bouncers and a friend gave me a bike. I just need to do it... Maybe this will help + we bought the Montel Williams Health master and we have been doing fresh fruits and vegis to drink...
Best looooossssing to us all in 2010 :lol:
Old 02-03-2010, 03:50 AM

awsome for you , I need to loose over 100 lbs. I am sure my knees will feel better....
Old 02-03-2010, 03:55 AM

cutting the pop is one of the best things you can do... I am down to maybe 2 root beers a month now... I buy 3 at a time.
We was Sprite Drinkers and havent bought any for over 4 months or so now. When we seen on Dr Oz how much sugar is in one 16 oz , Yikes. I had brest cancer and my Dr said Cancer feeds on sugar, and to never drink dark sodas we quit, well almost for me the ROOT BEER just still calls me and the vanilla ice cream for a float. But fewer and farther between...
Keep up the good work and we can do this together
Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 AM

Sew Cornie: Wow! That is really a "Go Me" moment. And in the cold? You rock!
Linda
Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 AM

Connie F: Wow. Sounds like you have a variety of equipment to play with once your knee heals. Congrats on cutting down on your soda pop. That is tough to do, but just look at the awesome results, 11 lbs!!!Amazing!!! Keep it up!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Banned

Been off work for a few days (extra vacation time before DH has his time off and we get away) but, I've gained a few pounds.
The trip was going to be a real hard diet tester as we would end up eating out a lot. Now plans have changed and instead of a hotel and staying with family we are renting a condo (hopefully) and able to make our own meals. Pray we will both (DH is on a diet also) be able to stick to better eating. We will be near the beach so hopefully will get a chance to walk more. Plus there is an indoor heated pool ---- ahhhhhhhh I can do this!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:47 AM

Yes you can!!
YTQ
Old 02-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Let me plant a tune in your heads for today....

Go Grannie, go Grannie, Go Grannie Go! :lol:
(Remember "Little Old Lady from Pasedena"?