"Weigh In"

Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by carolevidak
8 sticks of butter???? Oh my goodness - I feel better all ready. 8 sticks of butter - huh!!!!!!!! Thank you so much.
By the way, I was born and raised in the Detroit/Dearborn area of Michigan.

Carole
You are doing much better than you give yourself credit for.
I was an eastsider. Macomb County. Lived in Warren and then moved to Eastpointe (3 miles from the water borders Detroit). My son and his family still live in Estpointe. I was there for 25 years. Loved a lot of it. Don't miss it much now though. I live in a much quieter Jackson, County now.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lneal
Thought I would share some great tips for losing weight. Gonna go get some water right now! LOL!!

http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/10...t-quickly.html
Great tips!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Weighed myself because I forgot to yesterday since we had a snow day at school and I wasn't there to use the lab scale, and much to my amazement and delight I am down from 208 to...are you ready? 198.5lbs!!

You just keep that snow coming cuz that is the only thing different I did over teh last 2 weeks. Tromping through the snow to do chores and plowing the long drive with my handy dandy garden tractor and plow.
That has to burn calories somehow.

Lots of great reports here everyone. So good to have the support.
Are you kidding! Great Job!!!! 10 lbs in 2 weeks??!! Wow! You'd better start sharing info with the rest of us. That is like the losses on "The Biggest Loser" show. We did just get about 8 inches of snow, but DH removed it all with his plow. I'll have to come up with something else.

Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 PM

way to go you guys! super job!

I'm back on the right eating track today. May be too late to salvage what I'd lost last week. But onward we go . . . .
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM

You guys are all doing great. I hate this $%$# snow but it does burn the calories walking in it (actually it's more like wading thru it-it's over my knees) and shoveling is burning calories I wouldn't have burned.
When I got on the scale I've lost a total of 4 lbs. but my waist band felt more comfortable. Maybe that's wishful thinking or the elastic broke but I'm happy LOL!!
Keep up the good work and please keep those hints and suggestions coming--thanks!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM

A questions for all you ladies - Do you weigh yourself daily or once a week? I tend to weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up. I am not sure this is a good thing because if you have done everything right the day before and you see no loss or even see a gain - how depressing is that.

Carole
Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM

So glad that everyone is getting healthy! Weighing too often LOL!

And a big welcome Mary Ann!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:35 AM

I have weighed myself every morning for years--just works better than way.

I think I'm not taken as seriously here simply because I don't have as much to lose. But, I take my weight very seriously since my mom died at age 61 of diabetes and heart troubles. It made me mad at her that she didn't think it was worth taking care of herself to be around for her kids and grandkids. She was a foodaholic--never stuck to exercise or a healthy diet. It was very frustrating to watch. I will NOT do that to my family.

I'll weigh in for the last time today. I lost 1.5 lbs this weeks after a month of temporary downs--142.5. My goal is 138, so it should happen soon.

Good luck everyone. Keep going--this is important for you and all who love you.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 AM

Karla: please don't leave!! I know the immediate goal is weight loss measured in pounds but I'm looking at the Ultimate goal of healthy living!! I also don't have a much to lose as some of our friends but my eating habits are atrocious and contributing to an unhealthy lifestyle. My family history is similar also but my mom made major changes in her life and is now a very healthy 87 yr old. I'm really learning new ways of eating that don't make me feel like I'm depriving myself and are things I can live with long'term. Even when I reach my goal I plan to hang around and keep learning.
I'm happy for your success but we'll miss you if you go!!
Off to another day of work (I thought I retired!!) so everyone have a happy and healthy day.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
I have weighed myself every morning for years--just works better than way.

I think I'm not taken as seriously here simply because I don't have as much to lose. But, I take my weight very seriously since my mom died at age 61 of diabetes and heart troubles. It made me mad at her that she didn't think it was worth taking care of herself to be around for her kids and grandkids. She was a foodaholic--never stuck to exercise or a healthy diet. It was very frustrating to watch. I will NOT do that to my family.

I'll weigh in for the last time today. I lost 1.5 lbs this weeks after a month of temporary downs--142.5. My goal is 138, so it should happen soon.

Good luck everyone. Keep going--this is important for you and all who love you.
Congrats Karla: Losing weight is always serious and I've heard people say that the last 5 lbs are the VERY hardest.