"Weigh In"

Old 04-22-2010, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by beckyw
One day I seem to do well then I get off track.
I think of it like this. This is exactly why we get a new chance with each new day. Whatever type of day we had yesterday doesn't matter, we can't change it, so we make a decision to keep moving forward. Today we are given a new opportunity to make better choices. Pick something that you want to concentrate on just for today. Maybe drink more water, or walk around the house more, eat 2 extra helpings for fruits and veggies. Whatever it is that you feel you can do. Concentrate on that one thing all day. And at the end of the day, you will be proud of yourself. And tomorrow when you wake up, you will feel good about your choices yesterday, so repeat the thing that you did the day before, and maybe add one more thing, keep doing this each day, but take it just one day at a time. At the end of a week, I'll bet you see an improvement. Maybe it will be a loss, but maybe it will simply be no gain. The important thing is that you will be on the right track and moving forward. Success will come, if you keep at it.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 AM

Good morning everyone!!

Congrats to all who have lost and I have encouragement for those who haven't. After not losing for all of April I can finally report a 2 lb. loss....finally. That brings my total to 66 lbs. I feel good about that. I wanted to give up many times in the past three weeks, but reading all of the posts here kept me motivated to keep on track and realize that while I was not losing weight on the scale, adding in exercise was definitely an important step I had to take, even though for a while I wouldn't show a loss.
Anyway, thank you all for all of your suggestions and weight loss tips and advice. It has helped me tremendously. Now, I would like to give you guys a little tip on my breakfast burrito that I just had this morning. It was really good.

1 Flatout flatbread = 90 cal.
1 extra large egg = 80 cal.
1 piece american cheese 60 cal.
Ketchup (about a half tblspn. 8 cal.
TOTAL CALORIES = 238

I just scrambled the egg in a non stick pan, adding a little salt and pepper to taste. I tear up the cheese and let it melt with the egg and scramble that all together and then warm up the flatbread in the microwave for 20 sec, and spread out the scrambled egg on the flatbread and drizzle a little bit of ketchup on it (or you could use salsa)and roll it up. It really is good for the amount of calories.

If you try it, I hope you enjoy it.
Note: I get the "Flatout" flatbread at Pick N' Save. It has 9 grams of fiber.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:28 AM

Well I have been a part of this group since April 1 and have not "Weighed in" yet so here I am.

I am on a 30 day diet, so far I have lost 21 days!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltylori
Good morning everyone!!

Congrats to all who have lost and I have encouragement for those who haven't. After not losing for all of April I can finally report a 2 lb. loss....finally. That brings my total to 66 lbs. I feel good about that. I wanted to give up many times in the past three weeks, but reading all of the posts here kept me motivated to keep on track and realize that while I was not losing weight on the scale, adding in exercise was definitely an important step I had to take, even though for a while I wouldn't show a loss.
Anyway, thank you all for all of your suggestions and weight loss tips and advice. It has helped me tremendously. Now, I would like to give you guys a little tip on my breakfast burrito that I just had this morning...
Congrats on the loss. You have come so far, it is hard to imagine that you would want to give up after all that you have gone through already. There are so many different stages involved in taking off our extra weight isn't there? You are so right about the motivation from all on this thread. I am going to keep checking in with you all, because I could look up one day and find myself ready to give up too.

Thanks for breakfast burrito tip. It sounds very good. I'll bet it holds you over for a long time with all of that fiber. I am going to have DH look for it. (he does the grocery shopping.)
Old 04-22-2010, 08:20 AM

I am positive that everyone will find something interesting and useful to share with the rest of us from this web site. Please let us know if you do. Thanks!

http://www.smallstep.gov/index.htm
Old 04-22-2010, 08:43 AM

I'm down 5 more pounds.... was so excited to get on the scale this morning.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
I'm down 5 more pounds.... was so excited to get on the scale this morning.
Congratulations Karielt. That is remarkable. You must be so excited. How are those clothes fitting? Probably pretty loose?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:56 AM

Yep moved down a size in the closet... does anyone else have 6 different sizes in their closets....
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
Yep moved down a size in the closet... does anyone else have 6 different sizes in their closets....
I don't any more. I took every single piece of clothing out that was too large and I am giving it to a WW buddy tonight. I don't want to be tempted to allow myself to grow back into these things. So I am down to only one size now. Too bad DH donated all of the smaller sized clothes last fall when he cleaned out the basement.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Turned my weight in today and I have lost another 2 lbs. It is slow going, but I am down a size in my clothes, I think most of mine so far has been inches loss more then weight, but I am still forging ahead.