"Weigh In"

Old 04-21-2010, 03:50 AM

Hi everyone, does anyone know for sure if muscle weighs more than fat, with increased workouts I went up six, and then back down three. This is frustrating. I can't believe that I gained, but at least I am losing again. Thanks for listening to me whine.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by pstoner
Hi everyone, does anyone know for sure if muscle weighs more than fat, with increased workouts I went up six, and then back down three. This is frustrating. I can't believe that I gained, but at least I am losing again. Thanks for listening to me whine.
Yes, muscle weighs more than fat... it's due to the small tears you get in your muscles filling with water to heal. After they heal you lose weight... Our body is just a weird device...

Also, water is considered a wonder "drug" since it heals so well...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 AM

Welcome to the newcomers. Hope you will find the support here that has been so helpful to many of us.

Good to hear some losses reported. It is great to know that we are losing and that so many are still hanging in and keeping the commitment we made to ourselves.
Keep it up!

I did the final cleaning out my closet on the weekend. I not have very few clothes that fit, and a huge bag to give to one of my WW buddies. I guess all that is left to do now is GO SHOPPING!!! I think a reward is called for.

Linda
Old 04-21-2010, 07:19 AM

Hi Everyone,
have not checked in for a while. My assistant at work resigned about 5 weeks ago and has left me in a pickle. I now do 2 peoples' jobs, while trying to pack up 15,000 volumes to move my library to a new building, all while 9 months pregnant. ugh.

I had my 36 week appt. today with the midwife and my blood pressure was 105/69. pretty darn good! I also have only gained 19 lbs. She said the contractions I am having are normal. but to call when they are 5 minutes apart for 2 hours. I have had several bouts of contractions that are 3-4 minutes apart, but usually go away after 45 min. to an hour. She did yell at me because I haven't gotten my suitcase packed yet. I have a list in the suitcase--doesn't that count for something? Guess I'll put that on my to do list for tonight.
I won't post my loss next month--LOL. guess having a baby would be cheating, huh? I will start the weight loss incentive in June (along with WW).
Rose
Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 AM

Rose, You are too funny. If you did post your weight loss you are sure to win the FQ. Of course, we would all be driving over to your house to raid your stash. LOL You are a real trooper to still be working and staying fit. I really admire you.

Carole
Old 04-21-2010, 06:50 PM

well i showed a gain of .8 today. on the up side i spent the rest of my day, with the help of my son, moving stuff around in my bedroom and priming the walls for the paint that will go on friday, also with my son helping.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:53 AM

I'm doing well on losing weight. Just need to keep working on it.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:13 AM

Good for you beckyw!! I have had the same problem, but I am now making progress in the right direction. I have lost 12lbs since I have started eating healthier. It can be discouraging when you hit a plateau of your own making. I am so glad I have been able to overcome some habits that were not letting me see the scales drop. Now it's happening and I feel I am making progress again. Thanks girls, I couldn't do it without your help and support. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-22-2010, 04:23 AM

"Weigh" to go Linda and BeckyW. Great job on the losses.
Linda you get lots of credit for starting us on this road (although sometimes you get the blame, too LOL).
Please tell us if you did anything differently to get off the plateau or did you just hang in there?
Healthy eating and habits today everyone!!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:57 AM

One day I seem to do well then I get off track.