"Weigh In"

Old 04-15-2010, 07:08 AM

I continue to focus on small goals. I reached my 10% goal last week at Weight Watchers with my fantastic 1.8 pound loss. Now I have set another 5% goal and another 10% goal. And I signed up for a 5K. To think that 6 months ago, I could barely walk across the parking lot. With baby steps I plan to win this race. I still have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to the journey, and I no longer see this as a punishment, but more of an adventure.

Oh yeah, also today at my checkup with my rheumatologist, she felt that with the significant weight loss that I have had that we could start to lower the amount of arthritis medications that I am currently taking to see how I tolerate that. She is of the feeling that I am doing so well that I should do fine with less of the drugs in my system, and the drugs I take are quite toxic so that is a big step for me. And on top of all of that, it is 83 degrees in the neighborhood today, and I am very happy!

Hope everyone else is seeing the positive side of life today too!
Linda
Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
I continue to focus on small goals. I reached my 10% goal last week at Weight Watchers with my fantastic 1.8 pound loss. Now I have set another 5% goal and another 10% goal. And I signed up for a 5K. To think that 6 months ago, I could barely walk across the parking lot. With baby steps I plan to win this race. I still have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to the journey, and I no longer see this as a punishment, but more of an adventure.

Oh yeah, also today at my checkup with my rheumatologist, she felt that with the significant weight loss that I have had that we could start to lower the amount of arthritis medications that I am currently taking to see how I tolerate that. She is of the feeling that I am doing so well that I should do fine with less of the drugs in my system, and the drugs I take are quite toxic so that is a big step for me. And on top of all of that, it is 83 degrees in the neighborhood today, and I am very happy!

Linda
Don't you just love the benefit of getting healthy!! :D :D
Go girls, lets do it!! :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2010, 07:59 AM

I love that I am finally seeing a payoff for all of my hard work. I remember all of the times I wanted to just give up because I wasn't getting anywhere with my small 1/2 pound losses or no losses, and I decided to keep going so that I would at least be able to say that I gave it my all. And then one day, I started to lose inches and more weight consistently. And if I reach a point when I am not losing anything even though I am consistently working out, I know that eventually the loss will catch up on the scale and it always does.

So to those of you who feel like giving up, try to stick with it one more month, add some fun activities to your day. When was the last time you just stated dancing? My 4 yr old DGD has a bunny that plays some fast music when his foot is pressed. I watched her press his foot and then she would just start dancing like no one was watching, she would laugh, and she invited me to dance too. So I figured, what the heck, and I tried it. Oh what fun. We both laughed. We did it over and over. Guess what? Fun and activity points. It all adds up. Listen and watch those babies in your lives, they know how to have fun and movement usually comes along with it.
Linda
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Hooray - I am back on track since the holiday and this week I had a weight loss of 2lbs. I'm sooooooo excited.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 AM

Great job peach keep going......
Old 04-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by karielt
I wish I was 1/3 of the way there but at least I have started.
OMG................ you won the weigh in how could you sound so discouraged. :shock: :shock: :shock: Do the happy dance!!!!!!!!! All those FQ's have been arriving.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
I wish I was 1/3 of the way there but at least I have started.
You'll be a 1/3 of the way there before you know it! just take it a day (or an hour) at a time!
Rose
I know... I have to be the little engine that could.... but I have 120 miles of track to concur. I think I can I think I can I think I can
You have a 120 miles track I had 60 (I would have liked 70 but we will see) I can't really move to exercise so I am at a disadvantage but I keep plugging away. ROME WAS NOT BUILT IN A DAY............neither was the fat on our bodies, we have to take it off one oz at a time.

Why did I saw Rome now I want pizza!!!! :D :D :D
Old 04-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by laparshall

Linda
Linda You are doing great.......taking less meds is sooooooooooo wonderful. It is not only the weight loss it is a healther you. YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jill R
Hooray - I am back on track since the holiday and this week I had a weight loss of 2lbs. I'm sooooooo excited.
happy happy joy joy............doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Banned

deleted