"Weigh In"

Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by Tippy
oh, did I mention I haven't been doing a regular exercise plan at all? gotta start that.
Tippy, glad to have you join us. I couldn't help but notice your comment about exercise - or the lack of... You must be younger than I. It used to be easy to lose without exercise, but now I find that it is essential to loss - and to looking fit when the weight is off. The muscles somehow make my body behave better when I get them toned up...
Well, no idea how old you are, but I'm going to be 60 in April.. but I'm also an Operating Room Nurse and do lots of running and lifting.. and I frequently work with the Bariatric service and our patients range from 215 upwards sometimes to 500 lbs. and more. so figure the lifting there. Lots of times I'm totally beat when I get home. I did get some yoga DVD's and I'm going to try that.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
Originally Posted by Lneal
dakotamaid Mamagus beckyw Charlee Mrs Mel sew cornie littlehud bluebird janRN lacikat quiltincharlotte jwwskis joeyoz ChasingHawk PamG Karyn purplemem barnbum Pats8e8 obie2 QuiltMom Teacup LovingIzabella QuiltingGrannie QuiltMania sewspecial watterstide wvdek Lneal BrendaB Rose Hall laparshall Sharon- NC Oklahoma Suzie Mama Bear61 quiltnana vjengels Alu-Rathbone Aunt Doggiel lhavelka Leota yourstrulyquilts Connie F nellebelles Lisanne sueisallaboutquilts nursie76 Crafty Nana carolevidak dianneme Jeanclark bebe

Aren't we a fabulous group!! Checking in, stopping by, supporting, encouraging, sharing, gaining new ideas, and welcoming anyone who wants to join us. Losing 75.6 lbs of fat for January has been inspiring to all of us. Keep up the good work everyone.

Some days have been harder for me, but Iv'e readjusted a little to my routine and Wow! today I have showed a 2 lb loss!!
Way to go Lneal! :thumbup:

GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the great work! Who ever thought losing weight would be so much fun!!!

I stayed the same, but I'm not disappointed. Just wait until next Monday! :-) I have drawn so much strength from everyone here. I can't count the number of times I wanted something to munch, but wasn't really hungry. I put it off for a few minutes at a time and ended up getting busy and forgetting about it, and it feels great. Another change? There has been a box of butter pecan ice cream UNOPENED in my freezer for two weeks. I have chosen yogurt instead. Usually diets and the whole weight loss thing overwhelms me. Not having that problem thanks to you all. Thank you so much for starting this. What a great group!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
. . .Another change? There has been a box of butter pecan ice cream UNOPENED in my freezer for two weeks. I have chosen yogurt instead. Usually diets and the whole weight loss thing overwhelms me. Not having that problem thanks to you all. Thank you so much for starting this. What a great group!
Brenda B: Wow. You are really doing so great. Now, I would like to challenge you to give that unopened ice cream away, and then reward youself for doing so by buying some Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches(2 pts each), or frozen fudge bars (1 pt each). Then you can eat a treat without feeling like you are cheating. Well you may feel like you are cheating, but your not. They are delicious. I promise.
Linda
Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Wow this is great, I've been reading your messages, very inspiring. I started last April, I had joined the gym and started at 240LBS, and yes, I was floored!! Well I was hitting the gym everyday five days a week and lost 38LBs, well got a set back in Dec. I came down sick and now I have a stress fracture in my foot that I have been going to the Dr's now for four weeks and no gym, so I put 5lbs back on, well went to the drs today, two more weeks in a soft case, but good news I can return to gym and work upper body. It has been a tuff battle, sure wish I had seen this posting before. Great job everyone!
Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 AM

Buddy's Mom: It is so hard when you are doing so well, and making such good progress only to be stopped in your tracks and not able to work out. Keep your chin up, the time will pass quicker than you think. Start out small and before long you will be adding the lower part of your body and soon you will be back in full swing. We all just got started here last month too. We are getting so much support from each other. You may as well just jump in, and I'm sure you will find plenty of great motivation. Good luck with going back to the gym.
Linda
Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Thanks so much Linda, I was so happy when the dr told me today I could go back to the gym, I did this to my foot on the threadmill, and this is what my Dr told me to do. I sometimes have a tough time getting through the day, I love to quilt so I try & keep busy at night. I love to watch the biggest loser. Any diet tips anyone??
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Lneal and Tippy and everyone else with all types of victories last week, scale and non-scale - Way to Go!

We are definitely one committed group of individuals! Hey - the healthier we stay, the longer we can quilt!

Spent 30 minutes with the Wii fit last night, felt great! Got up this AM and weight is up 0.5 pounds! Drat! Had beef stew with a flavor packet made in the crock pot last night, didn't look, but I'll bet the sodium content was high...my fingers are a little puffy this AM. Ah, yes...will hit the water today and all should be well tomorrow.

Here is to a great, healthy day for us all!
I've noticed the sometimes my weight is up instead of down if I go to the gym all week? I still stick to my diet and was told that maybe I was eating to little? I want to get the fitness for the Wii as well. Hubby & I do the bowling everynight, he's wins most of the time.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Hi buddy'smom! Glad you are joining us. You are going to get what you asked for LOL! Lot's of diet tips. I think people on this thread are expert advisers when it comes to diet tips!! Glad you are with us
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Thank you, I'm excited to see other dieters will to talk about it and share with other, makes it much easier to deal with. Thanks for having me.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:58 PM

The other thing you will get a lot of is encouragement! Hooray for the earlier loss, and we will be cheering you on as you get back to the gym and start 'going down' again! :thumbup: