"Weigh In"

Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 PM

Lneal gave me a nudge, to post my "success". And here I am...successing. :P

I'm down 1.5 pounds this week. Which is good, because I'd have to throw out my scale if I had a week like the week before....ZEEE-ROOOOOOOOO. I've been running (jogging) and have not missed a day in the past month. I committed to every other day, without fail. And I've done that. Something to be proud of.

I usually eat well, eat healthy, and I'm not a calorie counter. Two nights ago we made broccoli alfredo with homemade wheat rolls...a heavy meal by my standards. Gah...I felt so full, heavy, and bloated the next day. But it's actually cause for a celebration because at least I KNEW I felt full, heavy, bloated you know? Say, six months ago, that would have just been my state of being...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:43 PM

Moment of truth time is tomorrow. I'll get weighed when I get to work. I have been so good since last Friday: walking 3 times per day (equals 2 miles); eating LeanCusine with salads for dinner; drinking lots of water (I have to pee all night but that's another story LOL); not eating between meals; parking at the end of the lot at grocery store; etc. Keep your fingers crossed because if I didn't lose something you'll hear me yell from PA to California!!

Something I learned this week is that I'm a poor judge of portion size. Example: 7 raviolis=250 calories. Who the hell eats only 7 ravioli for dinner?? I prob eat 12. A slice of bread-one slice is a serving. Who knew?? This was an educational week for me and I really have to concentrate on portion control.

Congrats to all you guys for sticking with this--so many of you are doing well. Don't ya love being called "losers"--hope that's what I am tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
Moment of truth time is tomorrow. I'll get weighed when I get to work. I have been so good since last Friday: walking 3 times per day (equals 2 miles); eating LeanCusine with salads for dinner; drinking lots of water (I have to pee all night but that's another story LOL); not eating between meals; parking at the end of the lot at grocery store; etc. Keep your fingers crossed because if I didn't lose something you'll hear me yell from PA to California!!

Something I learned this week is that I'm a poor judge of portion size. Example: 7 raviolis=250 calories. Who the hell eats only 7 ravioli for dinner?? I prob eat 12. A slice of bread-one slice is a serving. Who knew?? This was an educational week for me and I really have to concentrate on portion control.

Congrats to all you guys for sticking with this--so many of you are doing well. Don't ya love being called "losers"--hope that's what I am tomorrow.
Crazy isn't it with the amount of food we did eat as to what a serving size is. 2 oz or 1 cup is 1 serving of pasta. 1 cup on the plate looks like nothing. After topping my pasta with sauce I add steamed or grilled veggies. If I didn't make a meat sauce I will add leftover chicken or whatever I have for the protein. I even toss in navy beans for the protein which is actually pasta fagioli. You would be surprised by adding 1 cup broccoli to 1 cup of pasta you get really full.
]As for the bread look at calories all bread is not alike some have 60 calories per slice others 80 or more.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

I found out about 3 weeks ago that I'm a diabetic. No meds as of yet, BUT started a diet with Dr and have lost 3 pounds so far. (lean cuisine & salads)
Old 04-15-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
I found out about 3 weeks ago that I'm a diabetic. No meds as of yet, BUT started a diet with Dr and have lost 3 pounds so far. (lean cuisine & salads)
Congratulations!! You are on the right road. Stop in often, we love to hear from those who are making healthy changes!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM

Well at least this week I have lost one pound, which could be stress related, but I would like to say it's more from the increase in the excerises I have been doing. Keep up the good work, I an hoping everyone is doing fine on this goal we have all set for ourselves.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:20 PM

If you love to bike ride with your daughter, check out this cool bike accessory. My daughter has been using hers since she was 4 - she is 6 now and still loves it. With our "girl power" we can usually keep up with my 14 yr old son and DH!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wee-Ride-C...rainer/9870514
Old 04-15-2010, 05:39 PM

hmmm.....I'm all for it! I'm starting a diet on Monday. Last summer I weighed 112 lbs....everyone told me I was too skinny and needed to gain weight! I felt great! However I got tired of hearing it and agreed to gain.....just didn't stop! lol Now I'm 140 and hate it! Just made the decision to try to lose it again. We'll see how I do!
Old 04-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Hi everyone
I am still alive...hehe

2 more lbs.

Sending out "happy vibes"....
Old 04-15-2010, 09:02 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

I'm still trying. Not doing too well, but trying.