"Weigh In"

Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 AM

Well, I'm here to report. No loss this week, but I did walk on the treadmill more regularly, and managed to not gain. I am a little disappoiinted. But I know I have always gotten off to a slow start whenever I have tried to lose weight before.

Congratulations to all of you who are making the effort, and getting a little more healthy each day!

Thanks also for the wonderful recipes! I have started reading labels, and double checking portion sizes for both my DH and me.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:44 AM

Quilt Mom: Keep on going, don't give up. You could be getting results that may remain unseen for now. They will show up eventually though. Portion control, water, and keep moving. And Smile!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Thanks again for such good suggestions and recipes.

I had a real eye-opener tonight. I made chicken/veggie stir fry for dinner. Healthy right? Put some soy sauce on it and then looked at the bottle: 1 tablespoon has 48%-yes 48% of your daily sodium count!! Holy cow!! I'm not a salt user, just what's in the food but 48% blew me away!! I guess I'll start reading labels BEFORE I eat something.
janRN: I haven't started paying attention to the sodium count yet, I have so many other things that I am watching, but now that I am eating a lot healthier, I can tell when I have eaten something that was high in sodium because my hands swell and my rings which have been dancing around on my fingers since I have lost so much weight already, become very tight. When that happens, I think back to what I have eaten for the past couple of meals or snacks. Usually there is something with a high sodium level. Good thing to watch out for. Thanks for mentioning it. So now there will be no soy sauce on stir fries.
Linda.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by quiltylori
I'm sure no one meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It's just that on the other thread we were told not to mention how much we lost and since most of the people on that thread read this thread it was just assumed that we wouldn't report our losses on this one either. I am so happy that you lost those pounds Laparshall!! I know how much work it is and no one wants to take that away from you. Maybe we should be able to post our losses because that is what this thread is all about...and if we know people are losing it will make us try harder. Just a thought..
I agree that hopefully people will be motivated to watch their diets carefully and be sure to add some healthy movement in their day at whatever activity level they are at.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

So........... now what is the story are we suppose to post are losses or not???????????? I just got weighed and don't know what to do. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 AM

It still is a good idea not to post your weekly weight loss so as not to discourage anyone, but I will leave it up to each person. There may not be any harm done and I think we may get a more concrete feel about it at the end of March. So really it is up to you, I won't be upset about it :-D :-D
Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lneal
It still is a good idea not to post your weekly weight loss so as not to discourage anyone, but I will leave it up to each person. There may not be any harm done and I think we may get a more concrete feel about it at the end of March. So really it is up to you, I won't be upset about it :-D :-D
I really didn't want to post it as I feel the same as you and that is why I asked. However I am doing the happy dance today.....which I will put under the heading of exercise. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-08-2010, 03:03 PM

You dance, Peachy--any exercise counts!! Congrats on your weight loss. Wish I could say the same--oh well still time to get losing.
Good job everyone!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by janRN
You dance, Peachy--any exercise counts!! Congrats on your weight loss. Wish I could say the same--oh well still time to get losing.
Good job everyone!!
You will lose just think positive. I always start out slow then PPPPPPPOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW I lose..........then it is back to slow going it seem every 3 weeks I lose more then a few pounds. Then nothing or a pound. I guess my body is just screwed up. lol lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-08-2010, 06:42 PM

Everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work and lets stick together!!!