"Weigh In"

Old 01-22-2010, 07:05 PM

Oh thanks! Am sitting here eating a Snickers bar :cry: Need to get serious about this, will try it with ya all. :roll:
Old 01-22-2010, 07:10 PM

If I make any progress I'll report in but right now I'm stuck!! I guess I've hit a plateau but I'll keep trying. I wish I liked whole grains-white bread, pasta, and rice are my biggest problems (no my butt is my biggest problem LOL).
Thanks for the encouragement and good luck everyone!!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Jan, how long have you been on your plateau? Some questions for you...how many calories are you consuming a day? Try...and you're going to think I'm totally off my rocker...try upping your calories for 3 to 7 days, to maintenance level. Then go back to your weight loss level and see if that works for you.
The other option is to kick up the activity a notch or two...

And bluebird? An occasional candy bar is perfectly fine! In fact, it's necessary for good mental health! ;) For real!! If you deny yourself totally, something you **really** want, then sooner or later you're going to give in and eat six of them! Better to tell yourself you can have, say, one a week...and then enjoy it completely without guilt! ;)
Old 01-23-2010, 08:06 AM

I'm in! Am addicted to the Biggest Loser, last week was real inspirational with the Dr. listing all the health problems obesity
causes, as if I didn't know because I already have most of them. I guess I am in denial as to how serious they are. I need to have some handsewing to do while I watch the program instead of an off limit snack. That's my goal for this week. Good luck everyone.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:26 AM

Sounds good to me, too! When do we "weigh in"!?! Count me IN! Char
Old 01-23-2010, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
Sounds good to me, too! When do we "weigh in"!?! Count me IN! Char
Come to the board and "weigh in" every time you want to tell a goal you've reached. Could be lbs lost, a new healthy habit, exercising ect.. What ever you want to report to us. We will all want to hear about it and be more inspired by each others progress. Hang in there everyone, it will be worth it!!

PS: And if your needing some encouragement, "weigh in" for some help, we are here for each other.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:18 AM

I hate it too and when I went back to Weight Watchers in Sept. I was going to do the other method, but I found that I was cheating on myself. so I have been journalling and have lost 28 lbs.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:20 AM

I hav lost 8 lbs, keeping food log and semi-exercising.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 AM

I lost almost 60 pounds last year. Put a few back on over the holidays. I went from a size 26 to a size 18 in jeans. We went on a low fat diet (keeping the fat content under 28 grams a day). You can actually eat very well lots of fresh veggies and fruit, chicken, fish and really lean pork. I cook with a non stick spray (Pam), an very little olive oil when making stir fry. For our sweet tooth I make a really low fat crumb cake made with applesauce and skim milk. For snacks we eat fruit and munch on popcorn.

And an added plus to this all ...all my old "fat" jeans are going to be a denim quilt someday.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:31 AM

I tried on all my jeans yesterday and was able to put 20 pairs in the TOO BIG bag. Maybe I should do a jeans quilt. Anyone have a good pattern?