"Weigh In"

Old 02-15-2010, 08:02 AM

My goal this week is to take the clothes that no longer fit out of my closet. Why am I hanging onto these clothes that are 2-4 sizes too large? I am going to bag them up and take them to one of the ladies in my WW group who is losing and is down to the size I used to be. I am going to bless her with those items.
My Reward: I know this is personal, but I plan to buy myself at least 6 pair of underwear. Mine are getting way too big and for every pair I buy, I will toss an equal number out. I want to feel good in what I wear. I have to begin someplace.
Linda
Old 02-15-2010, 08:11 AM

I'm really glad you feel comfortable giving away your fat clothes. My problem is that I immediately get big again as soon as I get rid of them. I think it works like getting pregnant. As soon as you give away that last piece of maternity stuff, guess what? You're expecting again. I still have one of my old shirts (even after my baby factory was torn down), just to ward off the possibilities. It happened to my daughter. She got pregnant while taking the pill, Benjamin is now 3. Last Fall, she gave all her maternity stuff to the local thrift store. She didn't worry about October when her period hadn't come. She hadn't had one since Benjamin was born. In January she felt terrible - went to the doctor and discovered, the impossible had happened. So...I'm hanging on to one maternity shirt and at least one fat shirt even after I'm at goal for a whole year. Got to ward off the boogy man and his evil ways. Gwyn
Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 AM

[quote=BrendaB]
Originally Posted by janRN
. . . With the support from everyone I have met here, I feel like being a girl isn't such a bad thing. I'm so sorry for writing such long posts. My guys aren't interested in what I have to say, except "dinner's ready." LOL I work at home too, so am fairly isolated. If I sound needy, I'm sorry. lol I'm not really needy, I just feel so close to everyone on this board. Thanks so much for all the support.
We all have different needs. If it helps you to write long posts, then do what you need to help yourself. What you say in your long posts, may just be something that someone else can relate to but may not be comfortable saying.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I'm really glad you feel comfortable giving away your fat clothes. My problem is that I immediately get big again as soon as I get rid of them. I think it works like getting pregnant. As soon as you give away that last piece of maternity stuff, guess what? You're expecting again. I still have one of my old shirts (even after my baby factory was torn down), just to ward off the possibilities. It happened to my daughter. She got pregnant while taking the pill, Benjamin is now 3. Last Fall, she gave all her maternity stuff to the local thrift store. She didn't worry about October when her period hadn't come. She hadn't had one since Benjamin was born. In January she felt terrible - went to the doctor and discovered, the impossible had happened. So...I'm hanging on to one maternity shirt and at least one fat shirt even after I'm at goal for a whole year. Got to ward off the boogy man and his evil ways. Gwyn
Well when you put it that way . . .
Congratulations on the expected new grandbaby??!!?? I hope she is happy even though she has nothing to wear. I may hang onto one of my favorite tops, but it doesn't get to take up valuable space in my closet any longer, I'll hide it on DH's side of the closet.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 AM

I've been continuing to walk every day, even though it is very painful. I fell last week and severely bruised and skinned up my leg. I went to the hospital for the day, they were sure it was broken. Not.

I'm concerned because I have gained 15 pounds in 2 weeks. I see my doc tomorrow. I suspect it is my CHF being bad.

Just meeting with ya'll every day and knowing I'm not struggling alone has helped me so much.

Keep up the movement, girls! Every day you move is a forward progression, eventually it WILL give results.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 AM

I like the suggestion of a Bravo and a reward for accomplishing it! So, I'm going to join this idea with my first goal this week. I plan to drink 48 oz of water each day this week and will reward myself by purchasing a clothing item. (Not sure what Item I want yet.) Thanks for this motivating Idea laparshall!!

Sorry to hear about your fall purplemem, hope you are better soon.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Purpleman: Hope you are ok after that fall, good luck with the doctor. It must be so hard for you, but hang in.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

yipeeeeeeeeeeee..........2 lbs for me.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:16 AM

Good for YOU !!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

Carole
Old 02-15-2010, 11:44 AM

Trupeach: Good for you. What a nice payoff for all your effort.