"Weigh In"

Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by PALS65
If I could get enough exercise from horse barn chores, outdoor work, etc I would be happy. Just need that extra calorie burn of walking. Let me know when you make it to Detroit. I am sure you can do it. Keep on walking!! I was good today and walked on the treadmill for 30 mins and walked the dog for 30 mins.
By the way, welcome to the board. I just noticed that you are new here. I hope you enjoy your experience on the board.
I guess you don't know that horse barn chores, and outdoor work are exercise. These are great exercises. I'm sure you burn off a lot of calories by doing these types of chores. Anything that gets you moving, is exercise. So enjoy.
Walking on the treadmill and walking the dog adds up to 60 minutes. You are doing great. Give yourself credit for all that you are doing.
Linda
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 AM

Unfortunately, my horse barn chores are not much work but every thing you do to move is great. I read in Prevention Magazine that even if you fold your laundry standing that burns extra calories!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:03 AM

So are we posting our weight loss here then?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 AM

Guys...look at the hidden sugars in the food you are eating. Even "diet" foods are high in sugar. Watch the sugars and fat will melt off..even without walking. Down 12. Trying to lose 30 by the time I turn 60 in Aug. First 5 came off quickly but now the battle begins. We can do it guys..just one pound or half a pound at a time.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
LNeal, do you know if a decision has been made on this issue?
Old 03-16-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Originally Posted by sewred
LNeal, do you know if a decision has been made on this issue?
Yes you may post your weight loss if you would like. We need the encouragement from everyone. I will pm at the end of March for your total loss so that a winner can be determined.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hi all. I haven't been hiding--just pouting!! I'm so stuck at this weight and very discouraged. But I'll keep trying.
Rose: as to your question about Alli: I know people who have used it (comes in Over-the-counter strength and Prescription str). If you follow the diet plan VERY strictly-no fat at all, you lose weight pretty fast. I don't know too many people that can eliminate fat entirely-it's in everything. If you don't eliminate fat, you better hope and pray that you're near a bathroom all the time!! It ain't pretty--as the ad says: side effects include watery oily discharge> In other words, not to be gross but it's like constant diarrhea leaking out. Sorry to those that are eating, but it's true.
Hope everyone is doing better than I am this month. Once this seasonal depression lifts (soon I hope) I'll be back on track and challenging you all for those FQs. Have a healthy day-Jan
I heard the same about Alli.
Jan I am right there with you. March has not been fabulous for my weight however I am going to try and start bike riding with my daughter for at least a half hour a day..maybe this will help!
I also have been without internet for like 4 or 5 days so now I have to catch up on everything lol You miss that many days here on the board and it seems like years :-)
Keep up the great work everyone-with determination and drive and the support of each other we all WILL succeed!
Hugs
April
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
Hey! Where is everybody hiding these days. It seems as though we have dwindled down to a very small group. Did you all get down to your goal weight and you don't need us any longer? Come back and tell us how you did it, or tell us how you are doing. I was keeping my eye on several of you, and getting so much motivation and inspiration from you.
Please check in with us again.
I'm here, lost one lb this week, slow but sure huh? Been busy getting projects together for our quilt retreat. We leave Thursday morning and will come back Sunday afternoon. Feels like moving with all the stuff we take. ha We rent a house at a mountain camp and do all of our cooking ourselves, we go out one night to pizza. The rest of the time we sew, eat, sew, sleep, and sew. It's great fun and we get a lot done. So I'll be gone and probably eating too much, but I'll try to be good and two of us are goign to try to go out and walk after lunch each day. We think there will still be some snow on the ground. I have 4 projects I'm taking to work on, will let you know how many I get done.
Everyone keep trying, we will all lose this extra weight by golly.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 AM

Pat: Have fun at your retreat. Enjoy the whole experience, sewing, socialization, food, walking, but most important the chance to just relax.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach
WERE HAS EVERYONE GONE!!!!!!!!!!! Have you all given up like I am sooooooooo tempted to?????????

Since we are going back to posting our weight loss I am disapointed this week. Last week I did REALLY well this week even though I did exactly the same thing as last week I only lost 1 lb. better then nothing. I don't understand it I ate exactly the same thing everyday. The only difference was the veggies. However they had the same amount of calories. I had greenbeans. broccoli or spinach. It got boring eating the same everday but since it worked for last week I didn't want to change anything. I will see what this coming week brings.
I am still here; I just thought I wasn't supposed to post my loss. Actually, I didn't lose anything 2 weeks ago (thanks to that 'glorious' time of the month), but lost 3 this past week.
I get bored with my food quickly too peach; so I tried hummus recently. It is really good on crackers, low in calories and good for you.

:thumbup: