"Weigh In"

Old 03-15-2010, 06:46 AM

Hey! Where is everybody hiding these days. It seems as though we have dwindled down to a very small group. Did you all get down to your goal weight and you don't need us any longer? Come back and tell us how you did it, or tell us how you are doing. I was keeping my eye on several of you, and getting so much motivation and inspiration from you.

We have about 12 weeks to go before Memorial Day Weekend, which, here in Michigan, is usually the kick off of wearing shorts, and being outside. I sure hope to be feeling great about myself in some new shorts this summer. I plan to debut my new toned, smaller body this summer season. I may even wear a swimsuit at our pool this year while everyone is visiting instead of waiting until they all go home to swim. Maybe I will get in and splash those grandkids of mine. They always splash me while I am standing at the side of the pool and they think it is so funny. Summer is going to come. I plan to be ready this year.

Please check in with us again.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Hall
Has anyone tried the drug "Alli" that I see advertisements for? Please do not send me hate mail--I'm not asking for myself!!! Just curious. I would never DREAM of taking something like that while pregnant (or nursing!). I am just asking, honest!!!

Rose
I've never heard of it. I can't take anything like that, so I stopped paying attention to the new stuff when it comes out.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM

I have always been leery of aides for weight loss, and sorry I have not heard of it either.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:04 AM

Hi all. I haven't been hiding--just pouting!! I'm so stuck at this weight and very discouraged. But I'll keep trying.
Rose: as to your question about Alli: I know people who have used it (comes in Over-the-counter strength and Prescription str). If you follow the diet plan VERY strictly-no fat at all, you lose weight pretty fast. I don't know too many people that can eliminate fat entirely-it's in everything. If you don't eliminate fat, you better hope and pray that you're near a bathroom all the time!! It ain't pretty--as the ad says: side effects include watery oily discharge> In other words, not to be gross but it's like constant diarrhea leaking out. Sorry to those that are eating, but it's true.
Hope everyone is doing better than I am this month. Once this seasonal depression lifts (soon I hope) I'll be back on track and challenging you all for those FQs. Have a healthy day-Jan
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 AM

Not hiding-just been sick off and on for going on 7 weeks and don't want to think about the weight thing right now. I am holding at 197 though. Of course when you go almost 24 hours without eating due to nausea it isn't hard.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Hi all. I haven't been hiding--just pouting!! I'm so stuck at this weight and very discouraged. But I'll keep trying.
Rose: as to your question about Alli: I know people who have used it (comes in Over-the-counter strength and Prescription str). If you follow the diet plan VERY strictly-no fat at all, you lose weight pretty fast. I don't know too many people that can eliminate fat entirely-it's in everything. If you don't eliminate fat, you better hope and pray that you're near a bathroom all the time!! It ain't pretty--as the ad says: side effects include watery oily discharge> In other words, not to be gross but it's like constant diarrhea leaking out. Sorry to those that are eating, but it's true.
Hope everyone is doing better than I am this month. Once this seasonal depression lifts (soon I hope) I'll be back on track and challenging you all for those FQs. Have a healthy day-Jan
thanks! that's what I thought. I'll stick with exercise and veggies.

Rose
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

WERE HAS EVERYONE GONE!!!!!!!!!!! Have you all given up like I am sooooooooo tempted to?????????

Since we are going back to posting our weight loss I am disapointed this week. Last week I did REALLY well this week even though I did exactly the same thing as last week I only lost 1 lb. better then nothing. I don't understand it I ate exactly the same thing everyday. The only difference was the veggies. However they had the same amount of calories. I had greenbeans. broccoli or spinach. It got boring eating the same everday but since it worked for last week I didn't want to change anything. I will see what this coming week brings.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:24 AM

Maybe you should change your diet up a little, trupeach. I have even eaten a few more calories and then weighed the next day and lost a lb. I think our bodies need some variety of food and exercise. If I do the same exercise day after day my body gets used to it. I switch it around a little. Hang in there and you will see the results.

janRN I know the feeling of being stuck, I think they call it a plateau, but hang in there we are here for you and you can do it!!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Not hiding-just been sick off and on for going on 7 weeks and don't want to think about the weight thing right now. I am holding at 197 though. Of course when you go almost 24 hours without eating due to nausea it isn't hard.
Sorry to hear you have been fighting illness for so long, but your not gaining anything, right? That is a positive thing.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by janRN

Jan: Thanks for being one of our resident virtual nurses. I always feel like we are getting the clinical truth when you speak. Isn't the seasonal depression supposed to lift during the St. Patrick's Day celebration. Wear green, drink green beer and be happy. Ready again to face those weight loss challenges and perhaps win some fat quarters. I sure hope you haven't given up on the month of March. Maybe we can all renew our resolve once St. Patrick's Day is over.
I know it is hard to get through the seasonal depression, anyone out there have any suggestions that may help those who suffer from it?