"Weigh In"

Old 03-22-2010, 05:08 AM

Jan,
hope your finger feels better soon.

Rose Hall
Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 AM

Well, I'm back from the quilt retreat. I got 4 tops put together plus 5 blocks made for a BOM I'm in. I am not weighing in until Friday now. I'm afraid! We eat good at that retreat! Didn't get out and walk as much as I had imagined either, nicer to stay in jams and sew all day. So I will have to hit my treadmill this week and hope I haven't done too much damage. Glad to be home.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I don't know if this counts. When I am stressed I don't eat healthy, as I meantioned before I lived on bread and butter for months and gained all this weight. For the first 5 weeks into my diet I was eating REALLY healthy. The past week I have been in a deep depression. When depression hits I don't eat at all or very little. I lost a nice amount of weight this week but does it count?????????? It is not like I exercised or watched what I ate I was lucky to get out of bed and go to the bathroom, then I would grab a yogurt or a piece of cheese. I didn't lose it by being good I lost it by being sad. So what is your opinion, does the weight lose count????????
Old 03-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Trupeach, I'm sorry to hear that you are depressed, but as far as I'm concerned any weight lost should be counted as a weight loss. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:42 PM

Tru, yeah, thats not good, but try to maintain that weight by still eating healthy. Yes, your weight may go up a bit, but just keep on eating healthy and it will go down.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 PM

Pats8 sounds like you had a good and productive quilt retreat. You can get back on your treadmill and healthy eating again--every once in a while your have to just have fun. Real life happens soon enough.
Tru what are we going to do with you? I'm starting to worry-please start adding some fruit and protein when you eat. Depression leading to bad eating just increases your depression because you're missing vital nutrients. Like Alu said, the weight loss is good and you won't gain it all back just adding some healthy things. Please!?!
Hope everyone else is doing well (I'm not)-got my fq ready to mail LOL.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
Pats8 sounds like you had a good and productive quilt retreat. You can get back on your treadmill and healthy eating again--every once in a while your have to just have fun. Real life happens soon enough.
Tru what are we going to do with you? I'm starting to worry-please start adding some fruit and protein when you eat. Depression leading to bad eating just increases your depression because you're missing vital nutrients. Like Alu said, the weight loss is good and you won't gain it all back just adding some healthy things. Please!?!
Hope everyone else is doing well (I'm not)-got my fq ready to mail LOL.
I know this from past experience! lol I had a Pionidal Cyst back in December/January and I was unable to eat anything due to being in so much pain... I also went through a huge bottle of Motrin with in three and half weeks. I lost a lot of weight, enough to bring back the pest of the month. (I gained a lot of weight after a break up back in November 2008) I've been able to keep it off (I think.) But I have been eating healthy. I'm going to try and have yogurt with breakfast and with dinner each night. And other things...
Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

New thread is posted for sign up for the April rewards.........I messed up and it is titled WEIGHT IN rewards not weigh in. It is under chit chat. This month there is a theme so go check out what it is and come join the fun of winning FQ' if you are the biggest loser for the month of April.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:15 AM

These are the 34 current participants for the month of March: truepeach, carolevidak, CrystalKicks, laparshall, SharonNC, Lneal, LovingIzabelle, yourstrulyquilts, Karielt, quiltylori, quiltincharlotte, MaryAnn, BrendaB, sewred, janRN, Naturalmama, quilter68, Quickstitch, GrammieSharon, JillR, lacikat, DONK, Teacup, JudeWill buddysmom alaskasunshine AliceQ SewDeer BarbM Quilt4u jnagy1206 MNQuilter Slow2sew Leota

Well girls it's almost here! I'm talking about the end of MARCH. The fat quarter reward winner will soon be decided and all the hard work will pay off for everyone. Just remember any lbs lost is a victory and we can be proud of our accomplishments this month. The last day of March is Wed the 31st. So please on that day, pm me with your total lbs lost. 8 more days! :D :D

Keep making those healthy choices and when you have a bad eating day, get back on quickly. Happy losing girls!! :thumbup:

For those who decided not to join the reward of fat quarters, please continue to post here with your progress too. We know not everyone wishes to participate, but this thread is for everyone who is making healthy lifestyle changes and want to share them. So please post, we love to hear from everybody!!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:53 AM

[quote=janRN]Pats8 sounds like you had a good and productive quilt retreat. You can get back on your treadmill and healthy eating again--every once in a while your have to just have fun. Real life happens soon enough.

Here is a picture of the top I made from our class Christmas exchange. I still have to do borders though. Hope it comes through right. Also a close up of the sashing, it's different.
:)

Christmas Class exchange blocks top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25476[/ATTACH]

Close up of sashing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25477[/ATTACH]

My exchange block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25478[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-25476.jpe   attachment-25477.jpe   attachment-25478.jpe