Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-01-2016, 07:08 AM

Beatys9, we ALL like starting more but Anoka Quilter challenged me to start a challenge so I challenge you to jump right in here and find one little UFO. It really is a good feeling to finish something, anything! Do you have a small project? I've got at least two which means there's probably triple that number. I should be able to at least start one so maybe you can too?
Originally Posted by beatys9 View Post
Oh my. I'm somewhere in the 20's, maybe pushing into 30s. But I just can't stop myself from starting more! We'll see how this finishing thing goes. What a great thread.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:50 AM

Yes, I opened my big mouth. I will take your challenge Janice, let's see what I can get done by the 8th.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:58 AM

Travelinggramma - love the green and purples. Congrats on another great finish.

Blue Bell - Congratulations on finishing the Farm Girl Vintage.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:19 AM

Challenge accepted! I hereby declare that my ES (Easy Street) binding will be done by April 8th. The binding is on and ready to hand stitch to the back...I better get busy!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I have finished putting the borders on a 2013-14 BOM. The top is 90 X 94 and is just a bit to big for my Grace EZ3 floor frame. Now, I'll get it ready to take to a local longarmer so it can be quilted.
Oh my goodness!! There is so much MOTION in this quilt!!
I love quilts like this, that just seem to be alive!!
Great job!!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
...I am still working on getting DH to finish processing the photos he took at my opening and then I will post them so everyone can see. It went very well, I sold one of the small pieces and a commercial gallery owner mentioned that he'd like to have some of my work in his gallery--so hopefully something will come of that!

Rob
I can't wait to see the pics - and how exciting that there's even more interest from the other gallery owner!! And congrats on the sale!! Your work is so "avant garde" - it definitely encourages me to expand my own boundaries!!
Old 04-01-2016, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
...How about it fellow travelers??? I do think it's time to have a mini-push on finishing a UFO. ... Say by midnight on Friday, April 8th?
Well, I will probably have to pass on this one. I have my long-arm group meeting tomorrow - that is usually an all-day thing for me, as our meeting place is a 2-hour drive for me, and the meeting is 4 hours long. But I truly love it, I am inspired, encouraged, and excited whenever we have these meetings (which is every other month).
And April 11, my new grand daughter will arrive, so I will be away from my machine for a couple of days then, as well as being gone for a week at the end of April - so there's a good chance I won't have ANY finishes for April - which will SO blow up my goal of a minimum of 1 per month!!

Oakley's "traffic" quilt, with the cars and trucks and traffic signs, is loaded on the longarm. MAYBE it will be finished by the end of the month... MAYBE. I had really hoped to have this for him when his little sister gets here, though, so he wouldn't feel "left out" as she will be getting so much attention. Perhaps I can squeeze out enough time after my meeting to finish his up... maybe even by April 8th.

Once that one is done, I have a couple of yard-sale tops that need to be done - simple pantograph work, as they are not the best piecing work. They will definitely be "every day" quilts. Hmmm.... if I load them as a "single" quilt, then cut them up into kennel-sized quilts and bind them, that could give me "several" finishes.
Is that cheating?!?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:40 PM

Congratulations, Rob, with the sale of one of your pieces and the possibilities with the gallery owner. Happy news
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
I am still working on getting DH to finish processing the photos he took at my opening and then I will post them so everyone can see. It went very well, I sold one of the small pieces and a commercial gallery owner mentioned that he'd like to have some of my work in his gallery--so hopefully something will come of that!

Rob
Old 04-01-2016, 01:52 PM

Pyffer, congrats and Toot, Toot on your table runners! You've helped us to finish this month out well. I hope your fmq on lap quilt goes well.
Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
been out for a little bit, life happens, right? Well, for this month I have finished 3 table runners that were sitting around half-done. Didn't get pics as they were done in a hurray for last minute gifts. Now I am trying to finish a lap size quilt for a baby with matching stuffed blocks. Got blocks stuffed and quilt sandwiched, just need to quilt. I think I may try my hand at FMQ again. I enjoyed it the other 2 times I tried, but only on smaller stuff. I am afraid of the big stuff, but this one with be the biggest I have attempted! I'm pretty sure I won't have it done for March, but certainly for April.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:55 PM

Congratulations, Jaba. Another two down! So nice to see the Boom quilt finished. Toot Toot!![QUOTE=jaba;7509752]2 more finished. Big block pattern, I can't even remember when I did this. Needed to be quilted and binding. This one I did sew the binding on by machine, a cheat for me. The other is one of last year's Boomerang swaps, needed the binding sewn on and then hand sewing the binding.[ATTACH=CONFIG]546546[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]546547[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]