Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-02-2016, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
AK, I hear you...

How about it fellow travelers??? I do think it's time to have a mini-push on finishing a UFO. What small UFO do you have lurking in a corner, under a pile of stash, hanging on your design wall, tucked in a drawer, anywhere, that you could finish up in a WEEK? Say by midnight on Friday, April 8th? Come on, I know they are out there. Heck, I've got at least two that I keep mentioning. (Do as I say, not as I do.) What say you? What can you find that needs just a little something to be finished? A placemat or runner? A wall-hanging needing a sleeve? The last 10 binding stitches on a gift from 8 years ago...something. Let's see what you can do to start April off well! You can do it...I have faith in this group! I'm just waiting to blow the whistle for you!

Ok I think I'm up for the challenge - I have 4 quilted pieces about 12" square that I've been intending to sew into cushion covers to brighten up the drab brown couch in our staff quarters. Now I have a deadline.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear that oksewglad. I always love seeing your finished quilts.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I want to know what happened to March...I guess it just blew by...don't think April's going to be any better for sewing time for me...
Same here. I finished half of my swirls (button-hole stitched) and the other half is staring at me. Needed a break and pulled out a round robin that I need to complete two rounds on. (Helping out a friend). Unfortunately I picked a pattern that is NOT cooperating and giving me fits. grrrrr.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:27 PM

I understand the fits syndrome. I had decided to use a fabric for the my grandmothers garden background it did not work. First it melted on my iron. After I fixed that. It wouldn't finger fold. So what is left of it is back in the drawer waiting for another project.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:28 PM

I'm enjoying seeing all of the finishes the last few weeks, beautiful artwork to my eyes.

I like the challenge presented to everyone. I'll try to complete 1-2 small UFO projects by April 8th. I'm not sure exactly what project that will be. Guess I will have to go digging in my UFO containers. (Yes I have several containers full of UFO projects).

I'm finishing up UFO tops, but they still need to be quilted, so no new UFO finishes done by me this last month. Hopefully I will change this this month.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Power Poster

Thanks tkhooper...actually have 2 minis that must be done by Wednesday...they may classify as UFO'S as the main components were kindasorta in my mindless sewing drawer...

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks of full time dairy farmer life as our left and right hands take a well deserved vacation and not taking time off from the part time LQS job while they are gone.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:16 PM

I don't think I'm going to have anything for the challenge deadline. I'm almost done a quilt (just binding it now) but it doesn't quite reach UFO status in my book, so I don't get to count it. However, I did work all day today on a UFO - nowhere near done, but a bit further along than I was yesterday, so that's good news, anyway. Hopefully I'll have something (or two or three) to count before the end of this month.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:52 PM

wow are you ever going to be busy.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=oksewglad;7512189]I want to know what happened to March...?

March went marching on by in a hurry.
Old 04-03-2016, 01:05 PM

Since there have been no new UFO finishes posted since my last acknowledgement post, I'll give you the tally for March. We have had 35 finishes in March, better than one every day. Woo Hoo and Toot, Toot! Yes, we are slowing down but that's to be expected. But here's the really good part, we're up to 168 UFO finishes for 2016. Congratulations to everyone who has been participating in this challenge!

What can we do in April? This is April 3rd already and nobody has posted a finish. We do have our little challenge going so let's hope we get a little boost from it.