Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-01-2016, 01:58 PM

WELL, I'd say that's a finish, wouldn't you? You ARE finished with it so I'm counting it! Toot Toot for an unconventional but ingenious finish!
Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
I had given up on a March finish. And then...my mom adopted my patriotic sun bonnet Sue UFO! Yahoo! 1 more bites the dust.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:59 PM

Beautiful colors, TG. Congrats on a lovely UFO finish! Toot, Toot![ QUOTE=travelinggramma;7510642]I finally got the binding sewn down and all the strings clipped off and cleaned up. Windy day and only had the awning to hang it on. wanted to get it in!! And as is my usual - I used up my extra fabrics for the back.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-01-2016, 02:04 PM

You did it! Congratulations on your finish! Toot, toot Blue Bell!
Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
I finished by binding on my Farm Girl Vintage a few minutes ago. Sorry no picture but it looks very much like the quilt on the cover except, I didn't use yellow for the border. I used a BLUE floral. My daughter is claiming this quilt. I wish that I could send a picture.

BLUE bell
Old 04-01-2016, 03:44 PM

Ok Janice, I'll accept this challenge. Let's see, I have 2 small projects just waiting to be finished ...... My Chubby Churn Dash wall-hanging is the closest to being done, so I'll try and finish that by midnight April 8th.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:29 PM

Thanks Leta And Janice. About that new challenge...last fall I made a table topper using quilt as you go with double joining strips which I fused down in the back and then machine stitched from the front. However, after using it on the table for a couple of weeks I realized that there were several places where the joining strips didn't get caught on the back when I machine stitched them and because they'd been lightly fused it wasn't immediately obvious. They need to be stitched by hand and I've been putting it off since last fall. Since I really don't like hand sewing can I count it as a finish for the challenge if I fix all those spots?????

Rob
Old 04-01-2016, 04:59 PM

So glad you got to sell a piece Rob. Wahoo.
Jaba don't forget to post your swap block photo for the swappers to see...and maybe push them to finish.
I am putting my playthings away. Plan on finishing up my swap blocks and a couple gifts to doctors in next few days. Projects all bagged up and stored. Hopefully will be on the road in a week. Still trying to locate a chiropractor who deals with concussions on Eastern Long Island or we can't leave FL.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:01 PM

Rob, As far as I can tell, YOU think the piece is unfinished so it's unfinished. It counts!
Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Thanks Leta And Janice. About that new challenge...last fall I made a table topper using quilt as you go with double joining strips which I fused down in the back and then machine stitched from the front. However, after using it on the table for a couple of weeks I realized that there were several places where the joining strips didn't get caught on the back when I machine stitched them and because they'd been lightly fused it wasn't immediately obvious. They need to be stitched by hand and I've been putting it off since last fall. Since I really don't like hand sewing can I count it as a finish for the challenge if I fix all those spots?????

Rob
Old 04-01-2016, 06:05 PM

Nope, not in my book!
Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
... Hmmm.... if I load them as a "single" quilt, then cut them up into kennel-sized quilts and bind them, that could give me "several" finishes.
Is that cheating?!?
Old 04-01-2016, 06:13 PM

OK, OK, I'll take up my own challenge. See my avatar, the star nine-patch? It's 18 inches square and has been hanging on the wall near my sewing machine for at least a year and you've guessed it, it's never been quilted. I'll quilt it and bind it for the challenge. Lead by example, right???

Also, are there any last minute posts for the month of March? I'll wait until Sunday or Monday before posting the tally for last month in case someone hasn't had a chance to let us know yet. I thought I'd have my LA'd quilt bound by now but when it came back from the LA, I noticed some issues with it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to meet with the woman until next week and I don't want to bind it until I learn if she can fix it. Bummer. I really thought I'd have a March finish. Oh, well.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

I want to know what happened to March...I guess it just blew by...don't think April's going to be any better for sewing time for me...