Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 03-20-2016, 06:18 PM

Contratulations on two beautiful finishes, Julie R! There's something so appealing about a big block quilt. Great choice of binding on the runner! Seeing all these beautiful runners makes me wish I had a table to put one on, LOL.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:17 AM

Congratulations and Toot toot JulieR for the two lovely UFO finishes. Working on your log cabin runner while in what appears to be a cabin is apropos. I particularly like the runner fabrics and the red binding.

Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
Finished binding on 2 UFO's this week while I was on vacation in the mountains. A big-block quilt and a log cabin table runner.[ATTACH=CONFIG]545393[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545394[/ATTACH]
Old 03-21-2016, 10:22 AM

I finished and sent off another comfort quilt and have decided that one of my UFOs will work perfectly for this next comfort quilt, so I can do two things at once. Yayyyy, I'll be having a finish coming this month!! Well, or next month, but soon! lol
Old 03-21-2016, 12:39 PM

Joe's Mom - What a great finish. I love the soft and pretty colors and the way you pieced the back.

Julie R - Congratulations on both your finished. Big block quilts can be a lot of bun and I love your log cabin table runner.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:37 AM

not finished yet but I got the backing sewn today. So I'm on to cleaning off the cutting board so I can cut the batting. I will get this one ready for the quilter, I will, I will, I will.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:14 AM

OK, so I've been "missing in action" a few days now, but I have looked in from time to time to be sure I don't get too far behind on cheering for everyone's finishes...

JuanitaBean and Joe's Mom, I LOVE your scrappy finishes!! I've always liked "other people's" scrap quilts, and have been saving my scraps for "one day". But it's only been recently that I felt any real enthusiasm to do a scrap quilt of my own. Since Moda came out with their "Sampler Block Shuffle", my attitude has changed. I think part of it is that there's "no pressure" - none of my fabric HAS to match "just so", I'm using up my scraps, I can work on it whenever I feel like it, and so on. So, I managed to get three done last week!!

Julie R, I'm not much of a table runner person, but yours is just so pretty, it makes me look around to see where I could fit one in my house. And don't you just love how quickly a "big block" quilt goes together?!?

I was digging around in my totes, and found another UFO - a panel with one border on it. The panel is all kinds of cars and trucks. So, I added two more borders, and the last border is nearly done. I'm hoping that with the long weekend coming up, I can finish this to give to Oakley so that he won't feel left out when his little sister gets the rainbow Lone Star. That will be my 2nd finish for March. Fingers crossed that I can "get 'er done!"
Old 03-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Letawellman, I find the occasional "new" UFO lurking in some unexpected place. My list grows monthly. However, just got one back from the LA today so I will start binding it tonight. It WILL be done this month. It will be. Right? Lol, I certainly hope so!
Old 03-22-2016, 12:43 PM

Default Table runners vs toilet tank runners

[QUOTE]I'm not much of a table runner person, but yours is just so pretty, it makes me look around to see where I could fit one in my house.[/QUOTE

I am also not the biggest table runner person; my flat spaces have lots of things piled up on them. I do have thin table runners that I use for toilet tank covers!
Old 03-22-2016, 02:26 PM

Finally got the binding on these two. Have one more that is just about done, other half of binding to go . The orange one has been sitting around forever and need the purple one finished for a new grand daughter.[ATTACH=CONFIG]545676[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]545677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg  
Old 03-22-2016, 02:40 PM

I keep finding more UFO's too. I went into a tub last night to get out the project I really want to complete next month so I can see exactly where I am at with it and found two UFO table runners that I forgot all about. I am beginning to scare myself with the number of UFO's I am finding. With 8 completed so far, and number 9 close to being completed I am becoming afraid to know the true number.