Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey all, here's my 2nd finish for Feb. It had been in a pile of pieces that I did't think were worth finishing until I decided to take another look last week. Rob
Congratulations on another finish. Did you use the special stitches that so many of our machines have. I am working up the courage to begin one of these projects.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
What day shall we hit 100??? At this rate it will surely be this month.
I bet we hit 100 before the end of the week (February 20th).
Old 02-15-2016, 01:22 PM

GramE - Welcome, you will have a good time here and I have personally found this list to be very motivating. Your red/white quilt is stunning. Congratulations on the finish.

Pyffer - Love the x-mas table topper. I would be honored to be your Secret Santa and to receive such a beautiful piece.

Rryder - How exciting, having your work displayed in a gallery. Be sure to share pictures of your gallery area.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:03 PM

Rryder, your art work is amazing, just beautiful. I am not familiar with what you referred to as a mo
Old 02-15-2016, 02:05 PM

I hit the wrong button. I was asking about your modern crumb quilt. I am not familiar with this, would love to s
Old 02-15-2016, 03:09 PM

Oksew, thank you for posting the connection for the 360 challenge. I signed up for it and will be using my stash and scraps to work on the project. I will start the project latter this weekend. 1st I need to go through my stash/scraps and pick out my fabric. so excited, I'm starting another project. Oops, we are suppose to complete UFO's on this site. LOL.

Terriamn, I'm glad you are healing and getting back to your quilting. I miss it just like you have when I was recovering from surgery last year. Quilting is great therapy.

Leta, Sorry your team lost to the Broncos. I was surprised your team didn't win. I had expect for my team to lose.

WMUT, welcome back.

Glojean, Love all of your projects. I may have to use your projects as a plan to make for myself. In a year or so. I got to remember to complete my UFO's first.

I vote for the site to start a Unstarted Project challenge. I have as much of these as I have UFO's.

Fraew and pffer3, lovely finishes.

I have recovered from a bad cold and over working. The I took 2 weeks off to go on vacation, to someplace warmer. So I have not made much progress on my sister's doll quilt. Over the weekend and next week. I only have to wash and sew a border on my dragon quilt top. Then both can be sent to the quilter.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Finally - my first finish for the year. It is a runner for DH's desk at his work. He loves it. It's all made from scraps and stash. There is a companion piece to be finished next (yes - he has a large corner desk). The quilting doesn't show well but I advanced past simple SID and added some FMQ.
Attached Thumbnails img_0650.jpg  
Old 02-15-2016, 03:53 PM

Toot toot MadQuilter! Yahoo!
Old 02-15-2016, 04:01 PM

Very nice runner MadQuilter. I bet DH is happy it is finished and that he will be able to use it.
Old 02-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Oksew, thank you for posting the connection for the 360 challenge. I signed up for it and will be using my stash and scraps to work on the project. I will start the project latter this weekend. 1st I need to go through my stash/scraps and pick out my fabric. so excited, I'm starting another project. Oops, we are suppose to complete UFO's
You're welcome..I'm really enjoying putting the blocks together..they go fast, too...