Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-16-2016, 10:35 AM

You all are doing fantastic on finishes. One thing I have done for myself, is when I finish three UFOs I get to start a new project with the rule, yes rule, that I finish it to 100% before moving forward. Then off to three more UFOs. Mentally it is working for me. I am more motivated to finish up the projects I started.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It took it to work today (and guild meeting after work). One of my colleagues is married to a quilter - he is an Engineer with eagle eyes. He looked at it and said "not bad - not bad at all" then he took a closer looks and revised his original comment to "that is actually really good." That is quite the compliment.

Rob, the blue fabric in the triangles is made with crumb fabric as well. I just sewed bits and pieces of my blue leftovers together to make a new fabric. Then I sub-cut that into the triangle shapes. A GREAT way to use up leftovers.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:48 AM

Count me in for the encouragement to finish a major opus this year. I have three of the four seasons and am working on spring this spring, plus the tree trunk that ties them together. This is the ONLY UFO that matters!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 AM

QC, I found several "four seasons" quilts in google images. What is the "official" 'name of yours? I'd love to see it. Perhaps you can post a pic of how far you are currently?
Originally Posted by quilting cat View Post
Count me in for the encouragement to finish a major opus this year. I have three of the four seasons and am working on spring this spring, plus the tree trunk that ties them together. This is the ONLY UFO that matters!
Old 02-16-2016, 11:46 AM

I completed two small UFOs so far this year but I've been kind of stuck deciding what's next. That's part of my problem, deciding. (Anyone else have trouble deciding?) In any case, I think I just chose another lap quilt, a jelly roll race (done without the race) in batiks. I've got batting and the backing but I need to get some quilting thread. I'll take the plunge and MQ it as it really isn't very large and I can probably pull it off. Some straight line quilting and I'll call it a day. Or more like a week, knowing how slowly I go. Need to find a nice variegated thread to work with all the colors and I'm out of basting spray. My gosh, I love that stuff.
o
Old 02-16-2016, 12:20 PM

I have really enjoyed seeing all the finished UFOs, and now I can finally show mine. The pattern is from a MSQC tutorial- Wonky Star Charm Pack Quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542828[/ATTACH]
I wouldn't have finished it without the inspiration from this thread. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails kq1.jpg  
Old 02-16-2016, 12:22 PM

Yay kele! Very cute. Toot toot!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Power Poster

LOVE the colors in the wonky star quilt. Nicely done, kele.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:03 PM

What a fun quilt. Beautiful colors. So cheery! Toot, Toot!
Originally Posted by kele View Post
I have really enjoyed seeing all the finished UFOs, and now I can finally show mine. The pattern is from a MSQC tutorial- Wonky Star Charm Pack Quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542828[/ATTACH]
I wouldn't have finished it without the inspiration from this thread. Thank you!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 PM

Very pretty Wonky Star Kele. I really like the MSQC tutorials. No UFO's from any of them; however, there are a couple I want to do. Congrats on the finish.