Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-17-2016, 02:09 PM

I got 2 of my UFOs quilted on the weekend. Once I get the binding done, I'll post them here. My goal is to quilt one of my own projects each weekend (weekdays are for customer quilts). Not exactly working out so far, but even if I get 1-2 a month that will be a nice dent in the pile by the end of the year.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
...Leta, Sorry your team lost to the Broncos. I was surprised your team didn't win. I had expect for my team to lose.
HappyLab, us Panthers fans were EXTREMELY disappointed!! I don't know what happened to our guys, they just fell apart!! But, it's a very young team all around, so I'm really hoping to see a "perfect" season next year!

Wow, everyone has certainly been chatty the last couple of days!!

I managed to get another animal embroidered while I re-stitched the eyelash row on Glory. It ended up being the upper tension disks - the thread wasn't completely seated properly. So, I got another row or two done on Monday, but last night I was just SO TIRED I didn't even touch anything sewing/embroidery/quilting related. I'm hoping to have ALL of Saturday to just quilt - well, after I go vote in the Primaries that is.

I'm going to have to catch up on all the posts - have we reached 100 yet?
Old 02-17-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I completed two small UFOs so far this year but I've been kind of stuck deciding what's next. That's part of my problem, deciding. (Anyone else have trouble deciding?)
o
Janice, I made a list of my UFO's. Beside each one, I noted what it needs to be completely finished. Sort of like this:

Lonestar Wallhanging - quilting, binding
Embroidered animals - more animals blocks, join blocks, quilt, bind
Double Wedding Ring - piecing, joining, quilting, binding
Dresden Plate - fix awful applique, quilt, bind

And those are just a few of the UFO's I have waiting for my attention.
This way, I can see just how much attention any given UFO needs. Depending on my mood, I will pull out whatever, and do whatever. There's no UFO law that says you have to STAY ON THE SAME UFO UNTIL IT'S FINISHED.
It's already been a UFO for awhile - it will just be happy that you petted it some, even if it doesn't get finished today.

I'm so sick of looking at Glory, but I'm sticking with it until I'm finished, then once it's sold or gifted, I'll never have to look at it again!!

Once Glory is out of the way, I may tackle that Dresden Plate that I did such a crap job on the applique. And I may do some "modern" quilting in all the white space on that one.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:36 PM

Kele, I LOVE your "Wonky Stars" quilt!! Bright colors, simple (not too elaborate) design. Sometimes simple is best! I may have to add that pattern to my "some day" list.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:04 PM

Kele: Add me to the list of those who love your quilt! I really like the way you quilted it. A grid, but not in the conventional way,( just following the seams ) but inside the block. Looks really great. Gives me an idea how to quilt some Linus quilts with a little more interest.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:07 AM

Just checking in with the group. How is everyone doing on their UFOs? I picked up my quilting thread yesterday but completely forgot about the basting spray. I may just have enough to do the lap quilt. Will set it up on Monday and start quilting.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by kele View Post
I have really enjoyed seeing all the finished UFOs, and now I can finally show mine. The pattern is from a MSQC tutorial- Wonky Star Charm Pack Quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]542828[/ATTACH]
I wouldn't have finished it without the inspiration from this thread. Thank you!
what a bright & cheery greeting this will be when entering any room! Makes me want to start something new, but I'm pretty sure that's not the goal here. ;-)
Old 02-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Nice quilt Kele. Nicely done. Yep, inspiration is what we need here. I am nearly done with these roosters and hens for a swap. Will be so glad because then I can get back to my UFOs that need done.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Here's my first finish for 2016! I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's finishes. Hope this posts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]542969[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542969[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-18-2016, 10:58 AM

Love that quilt. It looks perfect for a little boy.