Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Congrats on the finishes of WMUTech, oksewglad, sync, and Janice!

I finished one tonight that I started on last year but put away for the past 8 months. It is for a gift for my nephew who has a birthday at the end of the month so I will post a picture after I gift it.

I am trying to post my finishes that I have already received credit for this year, but the pictures keep going sideways. Is there a secret to getting them to attach straight?
Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 AM

Zozee, I'm having palpitations just at the thought! lol. I think the challenge might be too easy but we shall see...

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
...When I first read your challenge, gotta say I thought you were saying one finish a day PER PERSON. Sheez a wiz, I thought! No way! Oh, some days, I just need to slow down and read for meaning. LOL
Old 07-11-2016, 05:08 AM

If I'm posting from my iPhone, it does seem to matter if they are correctly oriented when the phone is in the vertical or portrait position. (I often take pix with the phone in landscape orientation.) Had the same problem with the pic I posted below. I edited it on the phone to be correct in portrait and it posted correctly here. Beyond that, I haven't a clue. Don't let the sideways pix stop you. We can turn our heads! We love all pix!!!
Originally Posted by silliness View Post
Congrats on the finishes of WMUTech, oksewglad, sync, and Janice!

I finished one tonight that I started on last year but put away for the past 8 months. It is for a gift for my nephew who has a birthday at the end of the month so I will post a picture after I gift it.

I am trying to post my finishes that I have already received credit for this year, but the pictures keep going sideways. Is there a secret to getting them to attach straight?
Old 07-11-2016, 04:39 PM

This is the first time I'm posting from my phone, so I apologize in advance for any stupid words.that show up.
I loaded another flimsie on the longarm on Saturday and got one.row of a new panto stitches on it. I'm very hopeful that it will be a July finish for me. Then I have a couple of yardsale flimsies that I will size down into kennel pads and donate to our local animal shelter. So that should get me a little ahead for August.
Leta in SC
Old 07-12-2016, 04:19 AM

I love grace's quilt. That is the cutest little owl with a bow! What a wonderful idea.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:26 AM

Love the cross stitch too. As previously mentioned I didn't know those were real words so I learned something new today. I think i'll copy the words for some future project. I have a 3 inch notebook just full of inspirations.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:29 AM

Toot, Toot Sync for this adorable Owl quilt! It's sure to bring smiles all around! Congratulations!
Originally Posted by Sync View Post
I finally finished my great niece Grace's quilt and I only missed her first birthday by a week.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:35 AM

Nice job, Oksewglad. Love the bird! Congratulations on another UFO finish and Toot, Toot![QUOTE=oksewglad;7597899]Sew cute sync..
While waiting for MrOK to get ready to go out yesterday, I finished the binding on this 2 yo UFO....[ATTACH=CONFIG]553633[/ATTACH]...ready for fall[/QUOTE]
Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 AM

Congrats and Toot Toot for your UFO finish Silliness! We look forward to the pictures.
Originally Posted by silliness View Post
...I finished one tonight that I started on last year but put away for the past 8 months. It is for a gift for my nephew who has a birthday at the end of the month so I will post a picture after I gift it...
Old 07-12-2016, 01:49 PM

I know I will have one that will be finished by the end of June. It is a table runner and I just need to add the binding.

However, I do have to admit that I am taking a break from UFO's to do my Row-by-Row. I have 4 rows completely done, and another one almost there. I am hoping to get that finished up yet tonight. My goal is to have it quilted by Sunday. There is a lot of applique to the rows I am doing, so it does take some time to get a row done.

Congrats to everyone on their finishes....
Leta - what a great WH. I am sure the recipient will love it.
Sync - Love the colors and the quilting on the Great Niece quilt. As so many have said, what a great little owl.
Oksewglad - Love your piece.
Janice MCc - I don't think I have ever heard that song before and like how you pull the two together.