"Weigh In"

Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 AM

I have gained someone's pound! For me that's a good thing. At my last Dr's visit I had lost pound and half. Midwife wasn't too worried, though.

Blood pressure was good, sugar was good. Everything looks good. just counting down...8 more weeks. give or take, of course!!!

Rose Hall
Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 AM

Hi! Can I still join the group? I have been working really hard since Valentines Day (I don't Know why I chose that day) to drop about 50 pounds. Only 4 lbs so far but I have bought a pedometer and I try to walk 10,000 steps every day (some days I find myself walking around the house before bedtime to get those last few steps in. Then I had a really great idea the other day. I quilt as often as I can (about two hours each day) so I moved my quilting equipment around a bit. I put the ironing board back in the laundry room which is on the second floor. The cutting board is now on the kitchen countertop and the sewing machine is in the family room, so now I have to move around more to get my quilting done. I don't get as much quilted done as before but I have boosted up my exercise level for the day. I hoping for more weight loss because of this added measure. What do you all think? I love this post and all that you are doing to get more fit.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:07 AM

ljs317: Of course you can join. We are happy to have someone as creative as you are to give us some new ideas. Wow, moving your quilting work stations around like that sure is a great idea. It is very clever. I is sure to burn a few more calories each time you quilt. I try to do all of my lundry (basement) on the day I quilt (2nd floor), I feel like I get a great work out, especially when the clothes are not quite dry and I then go back up and wait a little while longer and then make another trip. Another good idea that you count your steps, and having that goal for the end of the day is a great idea too. Smart way to push yourself to reach that 10,000 mark each day. I am going to give that some thought. Can I ask how you came up with the 10,000 number?
Linda
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-40380-1.htm

Hi and welcome! You are welcome to join us on the thread for the support and encouragement you may need. If you would like to sign up for the April fat quarter reward, above is the link, you must sign in there. There are 6 days left for the March one so it is too late for that.

Let us know how you are doing and feel free to share with us. :-D

Pedometers can be found at the local WM for around $5 in exercise area. You wear them on your waist and it counts your steps and miles. 10,000 steps can easily be done if you are active.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-31529.jpe  
Old 03-26-2010, 06:27 AM

Thank for the invitation. I read that in a magazine somewhere. Its to help maintain a good level of exercise per day. I'll admit some days its really hard to get to that level so when I started i just walked and at the end of the day I looked and found that I only walked 3000 steps or so. Then It was my goal to walk more each day until i could reach the 10,000 steps that i needed.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:15 PM

Oh thank goodness! I weighed in today and had only gained 1 lb. Whew. So now I hope to lose 2 lbs this week and then I will feel much better. I thought for sure I would be up higher than that. Now to get moving this week. This morning I went out to pick lettuce. Then noticed that the peas needed watering, so went in that pen, checked the lettuce in there, it was one big glob. I bought a pot of it at Lowe's. Well, I figured I might as well divide the plants, ended up with a whole row, must be a dozen different plants in it! So I will have plenty of red, and green lettuce to eat. Also divided a glob of Swiss chard, had 3 plants in that one. So what I am saying is that I did end up getting some garden exercise today!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Banned

So now I am back there were computer issues i wasn't getting e-mail updates so I am now longer

trupeach...........i am ...........trupeach1
Old 03-28-2010, 04:52 AM

I dread getting on the scale at work tomorrow. Got on my scale at home and gained 3 #@$#@ pounds. I guess when you go to a quilt show and shop, eat, shop, eat, eat some more it still has calories.
Back to reality. Hope everyone has done better than I have. Oh well-April is another month and hopefully a better losing month!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 AM

I went away for a few days too; the result: up .6 pounds. I was actually really well behaved. I know exactly how you feel Jan, it goes on SO easy, and comes off so slowly and painfully.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mel
I went away for a few days too; the result: up .6 pounds. I was actually really well behaved. I know exactly how you feel Jan, it goes on SO easy, and comes off so slowly and painfully.
I so agree. I can gain 5 lbs in 3 days. My husband says that is not possible. So speaketh the one who never had a weight problem):