Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
had to buy a new iron >

had to buy a new iron

had to buy a new iron

Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 PM

I have an Oliso and I love it. It is a great iron. The best thing I like about it is it will get hotter than the average iron but not so much that you have to worry about it setting the fabric on fire. Also with the automatic lifter it keeps you from having to lift and place the iron in it's back. If I had to buy another iron I would buy Oliso.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:13 PM

I have a Rowenta, and have not been all that impressed with its performance, I read up on irons in the consumer reports, and they say the best one is the Black & Decker, so when I saw it on sale at WM, I got it for less than $30.00, it gets hot faster than the Rowenta does, and I like the weight of it. I think it does a better job. Just a personal preferance, but there it is.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM

I have a Rowenta. Have had it for 10 years....love it. For the truck bought a cheap walmart iron and it works fine....love it too.... :thumbup:
Old 11-14-2010, 08:13 AM

I just recently purchased a new iron too. My old one wouldn't steam anymore and Grandma's B&D didn't have an auto shut off (I have cats and am always afraid there is that one chance I'll forget to unplug it and they'll knock it over).

I bought a mid-range Rowenta (the green one) and I love it. It was on sale, had a $10 coupon and came with a $10 rebate. Figured I really couldn't go wrong for $30. The auto shutoff really isn't a bother for me, I was surprised it heats up really quick (like in about 5 secs).

FREE Quilting Newsletter