Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • The fws pony club  update  photo - discussion - completed page >
  • The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

• The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page

Old 04-14-2016, 05:21 PM
    Power Poster

Sewbizgirl they are a lot of work. lol... I love them though. I am still working on Monette, but almost finished. Better late than never. I think I use more thread than I do on something big, but then sewing lots of little pieces would make sense.

Pretty chickens, and yummy looking eggs.
    Old 04-14-2016, 06:04 PM
    Power Poster

I found Mrs. Anderson! She had fallen beside the dining room table I work on, down into a chair. WHEW. I was getting depressed thinking about having to do that block over. Now on to "Mother"... It looks scary.

I also finished my shirt tonight and yes, it took less time than Mrs. Anderson, LOL!

Off to sew a bit before bed!
    Old 04-14-2016, 08:20 PM

Oh talking about all your chickens makes me miss mine too. But it has been about 34 years since I had them! Our chickens started from incubated eggs in one of my son's classrooms. When the chickens hatched, I told the teacher we would take them. My husband built a great hen house and we raised those chickens. They had an outside wired area, but we often let them out to run around the hillsides. We had to shut them up in their house at night because we had coyotes that roamed the area. We had mostly Rhode Island Reds, but there were a few Aracanas too (they lay green shelled eggs). Such fun! They were all named. They liked to be picked up and petted. Those were good times.

We moved back into town, so had to give all the chickens to a neighbor.
    Old 04-14-2016, 08:31 PM

QNS, yes they lay in the winter, although not every day. The longer daylight triggers them to lay in the spring and summer, then they lay more. Have fun on your day out!
    SBG, I agree! These little blocks take some time. But, I do feel they are rewarding.
    Old 04-14-2016, 09:42 PM

Tomarrow (Friday) my DSis will have her second nose surgery. Thanks all for the prayers. Oops, it is after midnight, soooooo, later this morning we will head to the hospital.
    Old 04-15-2016, 05:28 AM
    Power Poster

Just to let you know I'm still around...having a hard time keeping up...so will have to catch up later...in three days DS and DDIL will be home...I'm getting pretty good at milking cows again... bummer is I have caught a bad cold and trying to work and be sick at the same time...not working too well...

Later....
    Old 04-15-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Just to let you know I'm still around...having a hard time keeping up...so will have to catch up later...in three days DS and DDIL will be home...I'm getting pretty good at milking cows again... bummer is I have caught a bad cold and trying to work and be sick at the same time...not working too well...

Later....
    Colds seem to linger a lot this year with me too. While traveling in New Mexico last month, both my husband and I developed coughs. We think it may be allergies! There was a lot of windy weather and the dust was bad. Also lots of flowering trees and shrubs in Phoenix when we got back. The Palo Verde trees were starting to bloom, so beautiful, but I guess a lot of people are allergic to them. I hope you feel better soon OK!
    Old 04-15-2016, 04:12 PM

Ok, the colds seen to hold on in the spring. Hope it feels better soon.

Report back from today: it was wonderful! The lobster was delicious. The PC was taken in for the LAer to do by September. Thenwe stopped at two more quilt stores...the results[ATTACH=CONFIG]547849[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547850[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547851[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]547852[/ATTACH] I can finish the three quilts almost done, make a new pouch for dh. The Aztec colors are for Texas Lone Star. Yep,the whole day was a lot of fun. Quilter 65 did a great job of driving,as per usual; and did a good job of finding what I was looking for and more.LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails 1-dscn0439.jpg   1-dscn0440.jpg   1-dscn0441.jpg   1-dscn0442.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2016, 06:32 PM

Yay for you QNS! Sounds like so much fun!
    Old 04-15-2016, 06:58 PM
    Power Poster

Very pretty stash enhancement, NinaSue! It's a thrill just to look at it... Thanks for sharing. I'll have to remember to take pics of some of my purchases in Paducah, to share! From the photos I've seen from previous Paducah Quilt Weeks, I will be overwhelmed.