soap for leg cramps

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
"I can see where this would be nice in northern states when hitting a cold floor barefoot in the winter would be almost as horrible as the cramps!"

LMBO.......... Heyy, come on now! Give us northerners a little credit. We are smart and know all about bedside rugs and slippers. Heck, some of us even have heat in our houses!!! We have even been known to wear socks to bed when the thermometer drops to 20 below!! :lol:
rugs??? slippers???? I tromp around on ceramic floors barefoot all winter.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM

A bar of Ivory soap works in a few seconds, has always worked, even for foot cramps.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:16 PM

A bar of Ivory soap works in a few seconds, has always worked, even for foot cramps.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM

I've been having severe leg cramps (and upper back, between the shoulder blades) since I was a little girl. Many times I have to get in the tub with extremely hot water to try to relax the muscles. They get so tight the bone feels like it will snap. For the past 5 years this has been almost nightly. Doctors have run all kinds of tests and everything is fine (no deficiencies of potassium, magnesium, etc) and I am not dehydrated. My cardiologist told me emphatically to NOT TAKE ANYTHING WITH QUININE IN IT.

I have started taking a CO-Q 10 tablet and 2 citracal calcium pills about 1 hour before going to bed. I also bought a heated mattress pad that I turn on low every night, even though I live in the south. This has made a world of difference. In the 3 months I've been doing this, the cramps have been almost non-existent. The times I do get them is when I forget to take the pills. CO-Q 10 is found in every cell in your body, and the cardiologist told me that as we age less is produced and we do need to supplement. All I know is that it seems to work.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

My Dr. put me on Co-Q10 several years ago. Said it was necessary as the body didn't produce much as we got older. Some Drs. think your body doesn't need much as you get older so it's just a part of aging. I can tell a big difference when I forget to take it for a few days. The brand he recommended is found at Walmart or Sam's Club. Qunol Ultra CoQ10 Softgels. More is absorbed in the body and not wasted. It's in a black box. I take one every night. It's a must if you are on any statin drugs. Statin depleats Co Q10 fast.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:40 AM

I have expeirienced nasty leg cramps in the past . I found I'm low in potassium and magnisium. Eating bananas and vitamins stopped the cramps.