Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your current project? >

What's your current project?

What's your current project?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by fleurdelisquilts.com
I am curious about what everyone is working on. I love to chat with quilters about works-in-progress and recently completed works. I'm sure this topic has been done before, but there are some specific questions I would like to ask. I'm a writer and English teacher--it's what I do so indulge me, please.

Here are my questions: What do you hope the project will look like? Colors? Size? Which techniques are you using? How will it be used--bed quilt, art, table topper, etc. Who is it for? Why are you making it? Is it a gift, to celebrate a special occassion, or just for fun? Approximately how much will it cost? How did you come up with the idea? What will you write on the label--other than your name, the date, size and title. What is the title of the project? Did I miss anything?
I am working on a Catheral Quilt using bright lime green as my base fabric. (It is for my Granddaughter and that is her favorite color.) It will be a twin size quilt when done and I hope to finish by Christmas. I found some old fabric for the jewels from items I made for her Dad when he was a baby. So it will now have some memories stitched into it. The label will say: for Chloe, Grandma loves you. and the date. I have purchased a new sewing machine that does some embroidery letters.