Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................ >

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

So.... I went to JoAnn's today and ................

Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 PM

The Joanns I go to in Hudson FL seems to be understaffed also. The women at the cutting counter are usually nice but there is never anyone extra to ask questions to.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM

Hudson FL gives you the end at half price. I like Joanns but don't like the prices on the quilting cottons. $8.99/yd. Come On!!! highway robbery.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Are you on the Joann's mailing list? I get an email every week with in store and online coupons-plus a mailout every other week with 40-50% coupons in it. If you are not on the mailing list, next time you are in a store, fill out a card to receive emails-that is where I get the best coupons.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:23 AM

I think one of the problems is the fact that no one is good at math anymore. A lot of people can't even make the right change unless their register tells them how much and then they have problems counting it out.
Dodee
Old 07-14-2010, 06:14 AM

Unfortunately the problem with staffing at Joann's is a corporate matter and the employees, including the managers can't do anything about it. They are only allowed to staff according to the amount they take in. As you, and the employees know, that is not enought. After haveing 5 or 6 shoppers yelling at you and demanding your constant attention, how would you feel for the rest of the day? Let corporate know your feelings and maybe something will be done.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 AM

I just wish I had a Joann's to grip about. WE are very limited around here. Be happy you got what you got. Some people have to travel many miles to just get to a decent store for anything. Life is too short to fuss all the time. As my DS said when he was small. It's over & done with & in the past, get on with your life.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM

I go to Malone too. 20 minutes away and they always wait on me and give me a coupon if I forgot mine. They also call other stores for larger amounts of fabric if I need it. I always feel they were very helpful and I let them know it. You gotta love a small town.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:41 PM

I went to JoAnn's yesterday, late afternoon to get some things for a workshop I'm taking Saturday. There was a bit of a wait at the cutting table - I think the young man was new & was measuring c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y. :D
One of the things I was having cut was some Wonder Under - he was getting worried, because the edge (after he had cut off a really bad part) still had small tears in it. I told him not to worry about those, it was OK for me. Meanwhile, the standing & waiting has caused my own personal summer to start! Whew!
Next to the check-out. Another new employee trying to deal with a return/exchange. The manager was there helping her, but it just took some time. Once things were working for the young gal, the mgr took me at the other register. I handed her the back page from my flyer & she asked if I wanted to use both coupons. :D "Yes, please!" When we were done, I handed her one of my "special" cards, & she just cracked up. It's a business-card size, bright orange & says:
"Last Chance
Get Out of H*ll Free
This Card May be Kept Until Needed or Sold"
and has a picture of Mr. Moneybags jumping over a firey hole in the ground. :D

There are several JoAnn's near me & I rarely have any trouble. :D :D :D
Old 07-14-2010, 12:50 PM

" When we were done, I handed her one of my "special" cards, & she just cracked up. It's a business-card size, bright orange & says:
"Last Chance
Get Out of H*ll Free
This Card May be Kept Until Needed or Sold"
and has a picture of Mr. Moneybags jumping over a firey hole in the ground. :D

That is too cute. I bet that was the best laugh she has had in a long time.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:25 PM

I guess I am lucky. Our JoAnn's seem to have friendly staff a manager willing to jump in and help if needed. Also seem to have enough staff - except maybe for the hugh sales. They do use the number system at the cutting table. Seems to work for big sales. Just grab a number early and keep looking around. Even had one person give me a number he found. Mine was a lower number but I gave it to a friend whose number as higher. We had a piece of material that when we got to the cutting table 2 other people had seen and those were cut at the same time. We all had a good time and a nice chat with complete strangers.