Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • How Many WIP's Do YOU Have?  Be honest! >
  • How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

• How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

Old 03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
    Power Poster

Humm Is this just quilting or garment and purse projects too??? I am not telling. But, there is only two home deco things to finish ... ha ha ha. You girls would faint!
    Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM

I have finished 6 WIP. But I have also started 3 more new ones to add to all I already had. Would you call that incurable?
    Old 03-05-2009, 07:26 PM

Well after reading about all of those UFOs out there, I don't feel so bad. But I am surprised that so many of you think 8-10 is a lot!! At the end of the year(2008) I rearranged my sewing room, so I was faced with projects I hadn't seen in years! I counted 22 projects in the works, not counting projects waiting to be cut with all fabric bought and planned, I really can't count that high!! I would be fairly sure that I missed a few but 22 is close enough. Now for a similar question, how old is your oldest UFO? I will probably win this one, 20 years old, do you think I should give up on it?? This really was a good thing to do,counting and revisiting, it made me anxious to finish many things. I am currently hand quilting an irish chain with vines and flowers appliqued all around. Of course this takes time, but it feels so good to be getting closer and closer to being done.
    Old 03-05-2009, 07:28 PM

I have one at the moment....cause I finished all the rest. I will have 3 soon. I'm starting 3 D9P's for my boys this week.\

The one I have is my QFH...I think it'll be a UFO forever.
    Old 03-05-2009, 07:33 PM

You ask for WIP's not UFO's. I currently have 11 sitting in my sewing room that I can count without getting up, 2 that only need labels, 1 that only needs one side of hand stitching on the binding, and 8 that need quilting: and that is not counting the 3 bundles of fabrics that I will start cutting on tonight. I also have a few in buckets in the garage, there are 2 that just need the borders done, 6 block exchange projects, 3 or 4 block of the month blocks and 2 (or maybe a few more than that) more of blocks that need putting together. So we'll just stop at 23 and call it a day, ok?
    Old 03-05-2009, 10:49 PM

I have five quilts in various stages of completion.

:) This just encouraged me to take the first quilt I started over a decade ago out of the bag, take the blocks apart, and turn it into a wall hanging.
    Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    You ask for WIP's not UFO's. I currently have 11 sitting in my sewing room that I can count without getting up, 2 that only need labels, 1 that only needs one side of hand stitching on the binding, and 8 that need quilting: and that is not counting the 3 bundles of fabrics that I will start cutting on tonight. I also have a few in buckets in the garage, there are 2 that just need the borders done, 6 block exchange projects, 3 or 4 block of the month blocks and 2 (or maybe a few more than that) more of blocks that need putting together. So we'll just stop at 23 and call it a day, ok?
    Wow....I don't think I'll ever get that many at once. I like to finish them as I go to reduce the amount of WIPS. I can't even imagine trying to keep all that straight!
    Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 AM
    Banned

Lets see. I have a quilt I am hand quilting, A quilt top I am starting to dive into, (made two blocks, will be done with third) and a whole bunch of grandmothers flower garden blocks from the 30s, that I am crazy enough to want to sew together with white hexagons. I am crazy I tell you!!! ;)
    So, three.
    Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 AM

I have one.
    The one in my Avatar.
    Just waiting for the weather to warm up.
    No heat in my sewing room/barn.
    Getting mighty anxious too.
    Old 03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
    Power Poster

I am an underachiever. I have three tops waiting to be sandwiched, one being quilted, if I can ever get the cat off it, and one I am finishing the binding on. Lets not count the squares I have started and not finished.