Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 07-29-2018, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Awww! So many pretty blocks to catch up on and I swooned over the star with trick-o-treaters Minnie and Mickey. Adorable.

So much eye candy and Kassaundra, I am glad you are keeping that lovely quilt for yourself.

Keeping this short. It is my BD, my mom is visiting, I picked her up yesterday and will take her home tomorrow, stay the night and come back for good for a while on Tuesday. I am glad to have her here.

Loved all the photos, especially the family reunion on the lake.

Happy Birthday! I hope your day was filled with fun, family, friends and lots of love.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
MonaG, Thank you for my block!! I think it very cool. The red diamond really stands out. Love it!! Thanks a bunch!!

Gosh, I’m glad Billi is OK. Hopefully, she will post soon.

Happy Birthday DarcyShannon!! Enjoy your mom’s visit!! Spending time with your mom is certainly precious time spent! <3

One more block today, 4 left to make. This one is for Libster. It is called Cypress from the first Around the Block book.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598550[/ATTACH]

Oh, but I love this one! Cypress is the community I grew up in. Thank you for a special reminder.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:19 PM

Happy Birthday DarcyShannon!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:22 PM

[QUOTE=D.Henson;8102076]I finished 3 blocks yesterday. Baby Bud from Quilters Cache for TG, Feng Shui Block #776 from 1000 Blocks for PamelaO, and from my new to me book, Once More Around the Block, Mosaic #8 for JayneW. I tweaked Pamela’s block a bit to accommodate a larger center block to showcase her focus fabric.
QUOTE]

Love my block and you were able to use both fabrics! and you have learned about Quilters Tweaking! Great job
Old 07-29-2018, 02:35 PM

So many fabulous blocks everyone! I LOVE this block DHenson, thank you!

even though I am not getting to sew during my sons visit I am hearing the hum of the embroidery machine as he is busy embroidering his band name on several tie dye shirts for his band to sell.

I finished 3 blocks yesterday. Baby Bud from Quilters Cache for TG, Feng Shui Block #776 from 1000 Blocks for PamelaO, and from my new to me book, Once More Around the Block, Mosaic #8 for JayneW. I tweaked Pamela’s block a bit to accommodate a larger center block to showcase her focus fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598534[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]598535[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]598536[/ATTACH]
I ordered the 3rd book from Judy Hopkins Around the Block series and it arrived yesterday. Ordered used from Amazon, paid $13 (new was $30). This book is perfect. I can’t even tell it was used, execpt for one page had a sticky note with block measurements. These patterns are easy to follow.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598537[/ATTACH]
so funny, I just ordered this book too! I skipped the second one based on reviews of it being more difficult to use. I have one block for sure earmarked for when I get a chance to get back to it.

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Awww! So many pretty blocks to catch up on and I swooned over the star with trick-o-treaters Minnie and Mickey. Adorable.

So much eye candy and Kassaundra, I am glad you are keeping that lovely quilt for yourself.

Keeping this short. It is my BD, my mom is visiting, I picked her up yesterday and will take her home tomorrow, stay the night and come back for good for a while on Tuesday. I am glad to have her here.

Loved all the photos, especially the family reunion on the lake.
happy birthday!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Just a quick FYI that I just spoke with a family member of Billi’s and Billi is well. The family member is going to reach out to her and let her know I called. What happens beyond that is up to Billi. So, right now I’m completely relieved but still confused. But I’m thrilled she’s ok.
so glad to hear! I was getting pretty worried.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Glad Billi is accounted for!

Lovely Cypress block DHenson...

Cool martini block, Mona. Somehow it reminds me of a cocktail olive!
Old 07-29-2018, 05:28 PM

Good news on Billi.

Happy Birthday Darcy Shannon, hope you had a great time with your Mom

Mona fun martini block

DHenson very pretty block for Libster
Old 07-29-2018, 06:10 PM

Glad to hear absolutely Billi.

Happy Birthday Stafar, bet your mom has as much as you! I love overnighers!

DHenson, I love my block. Beautiful.

So many beautiful blocks.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:58 AM

Wonderful blocks ladies. I'm still on a bit of a "boom break" still have a couple of boom blocks to make, but have been working on my terribly neglected La Pass. Here is a pic of the current rosette I am working on took a pic while I was trying to figure out where to go from here. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598602[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0540.jpg  
Old 07-30-2018, 11:06 AM

Kasssundra, love the colors. That center bit, the pink star, is amazing. Do you get to do any stitching at work in your down time, providing you actually have down time?
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Wonderful blocks ladies. I'm still on a bit of a "boom break" still have a couple of boom blocks to make, but have been working on my terribly neglected La Pass. Here is a pic of the current rosette I am working on took a pic while I was trying to figure out where to go from here. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598602[/ATTACH]