Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room >

Sewing Room

Sewing Room

Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 AM

Barb, What dept do find Odoban in at WM? I would love to get some of this. My DH & I are both smokers (bad habit, I know) and way too many pets! My house thanks you!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Barb, What dept do find Odoban in at WM? I would love to get some of this. My DH & I are both smokers (bad habit, I know) and way too many pets! My house thanks you!
At our local WalMart it is in the cleaner section along with 409, etc. If you know someone with a Sam's card, you can get a concentrated gallon for about $10.00. The gallon lasts forever! The good thing about the Odoban is you can spray it on cloth furniture too. I discovered how good it was after we took a very dirty dog to the vet, & he managed to move the blanket we put on the seat to the floor. My husband was very unhappy about the odor in his truck! That's putting it mildly. I opened the windows, sprayed down the whole cloth back seat & came back 3 hours later to no odor at all. Wow! I am never without my Odoban!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:13 AM

Oh thank you!! I think I will stop at WM today!
Old 07-30-2010, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Quilting Nana - it is only humid in parts of the state. East Tex, and the coast naturally have humid weather. Central Texas can have a lot of humidity.There is seldom any humidity where I live, and I'm not sure just how much CAKelsey would have in her area, since I have never lived around that area of the state. Our climate here in West Texas where I live is desert area, hot and dry.
Silly me I thought all of Tx was humid.

:oops:
Old 07-30-2010, 02:05 PM

You aren't silly Quiltin Nana, if you don't live here and perhaps haven't been all over this big place you wouldn't know. I hope I didn't come across as a smart alec, I was just giving some facts, if I offended, sorry. However it will be humid here tomorrow, because it rained some this afternoon. Gerbie
Old 07-30-2010, 02:10 PM

Texas is a whole 'nother country :lol: :lol: You name it, it's got it.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
Texas is a whole 'nother country :lol: :lol: You name it, it's got it.
LOL . . .you've got that right :D I moved here a year and a half ago (been a Tulsa girl my whole life) and it's been quite an adjustment. So dry, our nights typically drop about 10 degrees cooler than Tulsa even though we're about 150 miles further South than Tulsa . . .go figure :D
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
You aren't silly Quiltin Nana, if you don't live here and perhaps haven't been all over this big place you wouldn't know. I hope I didn't come across as a smart alec, I was just giving some facts, if I offended, sorry. However it will be humid here tomorrow, because it rained some this afternoon. Gerbie

NO NO you did not offend me. I didn't take your comment as sarcastic just the facts.
I am so very happy for you. When you are finished with the house you will be as snug as a bug.
I love the pictures you are posting and look forward to more.
Have a blessed day.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by acesgame
I have read all the entries on this and am very intrigued. I know the house is small but to run window units constantly (okay, maybe 8-9months/yr) will be rather expensive won't it? If not running constantly, you will have all those humidity and temperature issues with your equipment. The natural gas floor heater will be fine with your fabrics but isn't it a little unsafe to leave burning when you are not there?
We are as a rule pretty low humidity around here. As of right now I do not plan on running my air conditioners unless I am over there....or the heater. It is one of those free standing Dearborn's that you can back up to if you are cold. Remember those?? If it is extremely cold I may leave it on low at night. I would like to thank everyone again for all your help. I am going to try to find the Odoban tomorrow. Thanks again
Carol
Old 07-30-2010, 03:30 PM

West Texas! It is too much like the desert for me! I love the *piney woods of east Texas!* But, Tulsa isn't bad, LOL