Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Congrats cjmomma! Our first block picture, I only weigh myself once a week, so I won't know til Monday if I get to make a block.
I usually only weigh on Mondays but thought I would do it last night out of curiosity.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:59 AM

I have been a bad girl this week so I am in no hurry. I need a couple of days of good behaviour.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Banned

Very pretty cjmomma I as actually thinking that one month the FQ theme should be notion fabric but it seems to be hard to find.

I still haven't decided what I want to do and if I want to do 24 blocks for the 24 lbs lost so far or do 40 blocks with the weight I still have to lose. I was thinking maybe a panel that could be for the 24 lost so far and then start the blocks from there.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Power Poster

Tru I think I am just gonna make the blocks for the weight I lose from here on out. I don't think I want to make another 20 plus for the loss already accomplished. The panel thing sounds good and then just build aroung it. Hummmm! I think I like that idea. Or maybe do a solid piece of fabric for what was already lost placed between the new blocks. Sorry thinking out loud here.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Power Poster

I have to tell you all something. My 15yr. old son asked me last night if I would make him a block too for every pound he loses too. He has been trying to workout with me and trying to control his bad eating habits. Of course I told him yes. Maybe he will be more motivated now too!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM

I LOVE the block! What inspiration to keep losing weight. I want to make one!!! lol
Old 10-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Power Poster

Christina I know you can do it too!!! Think positive!!! :-).
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JudeWill
Originally Posted by lauriejo
Boy are there lots of good ideas for blocks on this thread, ya'll are a funny group. How many are going to do this but not the weight loss challenge? It is a lot of fun, and lots of encouragement too.
I did the weight loss challenge for a while, but frankly, I got tired of giving away my fqs. I think I wouldn't have any left by now! ;) Something happens to my mind when I set myself in a "have to" mode and I gain unstead of lose. I do much better if I just concentrate on doing the things I need to do to get healthy. Then the weight comes slowly off. I love this idea, tho. I have so much to lose, I may try a block for every five pounds. Work slowly on the block, like add a piece for every 1/2 lb. lost. Might try that. I think I will try to work out a block with a small photo of each of my kids & grandkids in it. Any ideas of what block would work?
You could try a square in a square in a square. That way the inner square would be straight and ideal for a picture.

Some other ideas with center squares:
Greek Cross http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GreekCrossBlock.html

Shoo Fly http://www.quilterscache.com/S/ShooFlyBlock.html

Churn Dash http: //www.quilterscache.com/C/ChurnDashBlock.html

Puss in the Corner 3 http://www.quilterscache.com/P/PITC3Block.html

Hourglass 4: http://www.quilterscache.com/H/Hourglass4Block.html

There are plenty of blocks on Quilterscache.com and they're rated by pins for difficulty.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:16 PM

ckp11271 - thanks! I wasn't even thinking about adding neutrals! I was really having trouble this morning, but am doing fine now. Thanks for the help.

The "kid" who used to be in one of our bedrooms is now 28 and has been married for 8 years. I think I can make a new quilt for her bed - something much more cheery than what's in there now.
JanTx
Old 10-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Banned

OK I have decided............I have yardage of a very pretty deep purple and lilac iris fabric. I always go more traditional so this fabric was out of the box for me. I really have very little to go with it. I could pair it with green which I have. I am not a purple person. I wanted my fat quilt to be different yet I didn't have this fabric in mind for it. I was going to do a panel as the weight I had lost since Feb. While telling Gwyn I would have to find a panel she told me she had a very pretty panel that she would send me. I was shocked when she said it is a big iris in the center. So now I will use the panel my dear friend and weight loss buddy is sending me and I will use my iris fabric for the weight loss blocks. I am thinking a dark green thin border around the panel and then pinwheels with the iris fabric.