Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some quilting gift ideas? >

Some quilting gift ideas?

Some quilting gift ideas?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:10 PM

Bellaboo ... my MIL uses those old worn kitchen towels, bath towels etc to use as 'batting' ... she buys new kitchen towels, puts her worn towels in the center and sews up the sides etc to make new casserole / pot 'hot pads' for counter and table. Doesn't even need that heat resistant stuff you buy for potholders etc.

She's given them to me and her granddaughters for years and we always love getting them. Sometimes she includes a matching kitchen towel to go with the 'pad'. I've even started saving my worn towels for future use.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My kids are asking me what I'd like for a gift this year. I'm a mom so I say kitchen help and a hug are all I want. This gets an eye roll every year. ( I tell them that's my present watching the eye rolls). I'd like to know what you are asking for that can be wrapped. :lol:
Mine is "A clean house and happy kids"
Old 12-02-2010, 12:51 AM

This year my husband asked me what I want for Christmas: it is a given a gift card to JoAnn Fabrics and a gift card to Starbucks. Is there anything better?
Old 12-02-2010, 06:21 AM

Already received my Christmas gift, a new car! Really it's for both of us as DH's van was pretty old and beginning to fall apart. My last car was almost 15 years old before we replaced it 3 years ago. This is the first time we've had two pretty new cars at the same time.

For Christmas DH is getting me a little folding cart for my car so I can carry in packages after shopping. He has been coming food shopping with me to help with the packages but I think he's had it, I always have to pull him away from the books section so I can check out. I'd rather go shopping by myself anyway.

One thing I've wanted for years is an electric pencil sharpner, mentioned it to DH and family many times but it hasn't shown up yet. I like to use very sharp pencils and hate going out to the garage to keep sharpening them, would love to have an electric one right on my desk at home.

The past few years DH and I have received gift cards to local restaurants from grandkids. They are great because we can enjoy our Christmas gifts over the months in the new year. May in Jersey
Old 12-04-2010, 05:23 AM

I would love to have my whole family here just to visit and have a wonderful day of being together. It is not possible although my oldest son, who is in Korea, will call to chat with the family.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:17 AM

I'm with you Katie. Hubby and I don't exchange gifts anymore, especially since 2 years ago I got a new Janome 6500P. I think I'm still paying it off in holidays. (Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, July 4th, Labor Day and New Years!!!) But my Janome has been well worth the holidays!!!

All of the kids live in other states now, so we celebrate by ourselves. I've gotten use to quiet holidays. :-)

June in Ohio
Old 07-28-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
All I really want cannot be purchased. And that is to have everyone together, "happily" and enjoy the season for the right reason. I opted for a "chinese" Christmas this year just so we could have more fun and not be stressed trying to figure out what to get everyone. I thought it would give the kids more money to spend on themselves and their families too.

Some of the best gifts cannot be bought with money.
1.) What is a Chinese Christmas?
2.) I usually ask for help around the house. Dust the high places. Help with dinner. Spend a day having fun together.

I love it when my kids are around because they want to be there.

Oh yes, love one another.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
My kids are asking me what I'd like for a gift this year. I'm a mom so I say kitchen help and a hug are all I want. This gets an eye roll every year. ( I tell them that's my present watching the eye rolls). I'd like to know what you are asking for that can be wrapped. :lol:
Gift cards!

A friend has gotten a bunch of the really nifty stuff, like the tiny little machine side irons.