Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-22-2011, 07:07 AM

Cjmomma you are 45 min. from Paducah!!!!! If I had been a quilter when I was in Louisville I would have been there in a heartbeat. Have you ever been to the quilt show or museum? Would love to go but not in the budget or the calendar. You've got to go to Hancocks so we can live vicariously through you! What am I doing today? Trying to get back on the eating program wagon, cleaning house and washing the dogs... Got to get done so I can go in my sewing room. That's my reward :-).
Old 01-22-2011, 08:00 AM

Carrie, how exciting for your wonderful box of fabric goodies. Wow! I'm happy for you.

Missy, congrats on your surgery. Hoping everything will go good for you there.

Tru, hope you and everyone else that has been feeling under the weather, feel better real soon.

There's still no news on James. Thank you all for your cont'd prayers. The family appreciated them. Please keep them coming. Thank you!!! I hope you all have a Blessed day. Hugs, Sandy
Old 01-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Are ready????????/ Are you all sitting down????????// I usually weigh in on Sunday however I decided to do it today. I had gained while Jim was home and this week I really buckled down. Last Sunday I was above me suicide weight of 185 weighing 187 today I am...........181. I lost 6 lbs this week. The only thing is before the holidays I was 180 so it's not really a loss but I will take it anyway. I am back to having to lose 31 more lbs.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Yippee skippy time for the happy dance Tru!!!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Tahini is the ingredient that makes hummus taste good. I love it, too!

I have fluid build up today. My scale said I gained 10 pounds last night - will drink lots of water today and see what tomorrow brings.

We have 9 days left in the month-let's give it a big shove!

Just for today...
I will stay on my program.
I think it makes hummus so good too!! I LOVE HUMMUS!

I have issues with fluid retention too. It is awful. I take Lasix but I do hate that too cause I am peeing all freaking day. Oh well. We do what we have to do, no?

Missy
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Are ready????????/ Are you all sitting down????????// I usually weigh in on Sunday however I decided to do it today. I had gained while Jim was home and this week I really buckled down. Last Sunday I was above me suicide weight of 185 weighing 187 today I am...........181. I lost 6 lbs this week. The only thing is before the holidays I was 180 so it's not really a loss but I will take it anyway. I am back to having to lose 31 more lbs.
THAT IS AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you!!! YAY!!

Missy
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 AM

I have been trying since the first week of January on cutting calories. I have been posting on myfitnesspal.com what I eat. It has been helpful. It told me I should keep my calorie intake at 1200 and would chastise me if I ate fewer. I really struggled to keep it under that amount. Thus I would lose 2 pounds and gain it right back.

Finally I remembered that back in 1976 after having my last baby, my doctor helped me lose over 40 pounds. I saw him once a month and we would pretty much just talk about my behaviors. It helped. But also he put me on 1000 calories.

I decided to lower my calorie intake to 1000 and be strong about it. In three days I have lost 4 pounds. Yeah! I am eating well, just not junk. I feel good. I just have to remember to have small meals throughout the day of veggies or crackers. I have also found, for my sweet tooth, that I can eat those little animal crackers. They are low in calories and two or three are usually enough. If that does not suffice, I put just a dab of Nutella on them. Yum. Good but not bad.

Best of all I do not feel deprived and I feel good and I am losing.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM

Tru
I am very excited for you! even jumping up and down.

I am so discouraged about my overnight gain. I just started More new medications, I'm guessing one of them is not agreeing with my body.

I'll have to research which one causes fluid retention.

Ya'll keep working hard, it is so satisfying to see the scale go down!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Tru
I am very excited for you! even jumping up and down.

I am so discouraged about my overnight gain. I just started More new medications, I'm guessing one of them is not agreeing with my body.

I'll have to research which one causes fluid retention.

Ya'll keep working hard, it is so satisfying to see the scale go down!
I know what you mean about medicines. I take three and all three say stay out of the sun and could make me dizzy. One of them says could cause weight gain. Sometimes I think my medicines fight me as much as they help me.

On one if I lose enough weight, I might be able to go off of. Hopefully.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by probles
I have been trying since the first week of January on cutting calories. I have been posting on myfitnesspal.com what I eat. It has been helpful. It told me I should keep my calorie intake at 1200 and would chastise me if I ate fewer. I really struggled to keep it under that amount. Thus I would lose 2 pounds and gain it right back.

Finally I remembered that back in 1976 after having my last baby, my doctor helped me lose over 40 pounds. I saw him once a month and we would pretty much just talk about my behaviors. It helped. But also he put me on 1000 calories.

I decided to lower my calorie intake to 1000 and be strong about it. In three days I have lost 4 pounds. Yeah! I am eating well, just not junk. I feel good. I just have to remember to have small meals throughout the day of veggies or crackers. I have also found, for my sweet tooth, that I can eat those little animal crackers. They are low in calories and two or three are usually enough. If that does not suffice, I put just a dab of Nutella on them. Yum. Good but not bad.

Best of all I do not feel deprived and I feel good and I am losing.
Peggy,

That is wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Missy