Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am just sick!! >

I am just sick!!

I am just sick!!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:45 PM

I would call it "Double Hugs and Kisses and Then Some"
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM

We are our own worst critics and the people who truly love us would never talk to us the way we talk to ourselves when we are punishing ourselves for mistakes. If this person isn't a quilter they will never notice the error. If someone points it put to them they will defend you to the end knowing this was the design you chose especially for them and that the mistake was supposed to be there. They love us as we are, accept us unconditionally and defend us til the end.

My dearest friend has been accepting my health flare ups and machine dilemma in the middle of making her warm cuddly project. I was supposed to be for her birthday but fell very behind schedule, I felt so guilty and ashamed by my lack of performance. When she told me that no but me has ever made anyting just for her before and she didn't care how long it took because the anticipation of the completion has been a wonderful gift. Just knowing it was being made just for her, every stitch by her longest, closest friend it was like a doubt gift stitched with all my love. I finally forgave myself and accepted I'm not perfect and it's the thought and actions that really count to our dear friends. I'm sure your friend will feel the same about your blooper if they ever see it...I love you for your honesty and sharing your fear with all of us. :-D :-D :-D
Old 05-08-2011, 01:05 PM

My grandmother always told me that some quilters make a mistake on purpose and may flip a block, or make a slight change in a star, or put one block the reverse of all the others. She said it was the signature of many quilt makers. However, I am 64 and that was a long time ago but I always tell anyone who finds a glaring (usually the quilt maker is the only one who notices) that "they are so lucky to get "one of a Kind" quilt" however, most people never see it. Just enjoy the accomplishment and learn from the error. Or start making that your "signature". :-D
Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 PM

Hey, that is not a glaring error. Took me a couple of minutes to find it and once it is used on a bed, no one will see it very quickly - may take years, if ever, for them to spot it. ;-)
Old 05-08-2011, 01:25 PM

I looked and looked many times before I saw what you think is an error! It is beautiful, and the new owner will never know!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM

Nope can't tell what is wrong with it. Had to look really long and hard and 'think' I might see the mistake, but looks like it might have been done on purpose.

Don't be sick about it! Just don't point out what you say is the error. No one would ever guess.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. It looks beautiful.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 PM

So sorry.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Honestly....I had to really look to see your mistake and at an overall glance it is not noticable......TRULY! Lovely quilt! :thumbup:
Old 05-08-2011, 02:34 PM

Unique designs are one of a kind for a reason. Now names can be read from two directions