Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Common misconceptions (misperceptions?) about your state/country. >

Common misconceptions (misperceptions?) about your state/country.

Common misconceptions (misperceptions?) about your state/country.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:33 PM

I'm from Michigan and yes it's true I am a troll.Yes I do live under the bridge and I love flannel plaid shirt.And we do like fudgies as long as they don't cause traffic james and buy up all the good stuff at Walmart. Since we are the start of the fudge line that what the turoist are called.And we don't spend all of are time at a beach even thought we are the land of the great lakes. Oh yes we have great dunes and quilt shops :-D :-D ;-)
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Honey[/quote

I thought you always called them prawns ;)
Prawns are larger - I don't eat either.

Both words are also slang - shrimp : small/undersized - prawn : foolish person - but not taken offensively if "said with a smile".
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by SandyMac
I'm from Michigan and yes it's true I am a troll.Yes I do live under the bridge and I love flannel plaid shirt.And we do like fudgies as long as they don't cause traffic james and buy up all the good stuff at Walmart. Since we are the start of the fudge line that what the turoist are called.And we don't spend all of are time at a beach even thought we are the land of the great lakes. Oh yes we have great dunes and quilt shops :-D :-D ;-)
I thought rednecks were Michigan farmers and we did have the sence to come out of the rain.Man oh man the stuff you learn every day.I'm scared to find out what I'm not next :(
Old 06-24-2010, 04:51 PM

In Kentucky, we don't ALL marry our cousins.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

I can't believe no one has claimed Tennessee yet! OK..we don't ALL live in Nashville or Memphis. We don't marry our cousins (well..not 1st cousins anyway) :wink: , nor our brothers or sisters. We normally do own shoes and most of us have more than 1 pair. Our shirts actually come with sleeves (although you would think not if you watch tv). We don't ALL love grits. We don't call EVERYONE "honey or Darrrrlin'". Most of us got past the 6th grade.

But the one thing that is true about not just TN, but the south is..you've heard of "Southern Hospitality"?? Its ALL true...come on down and see for yourself! :lol:
Old 06-24-2010, 05:44 PM

Colorful Colorado . Yes it is beautiful But we don't all ski.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:19 PM

Ha ha I so hope that you enjoy my state. . .
No we are not all Mormon. We will not run you out of town if you won't be baptized. Yes we are Christians.
There are more cities in Salt Lake County than Salt Lake. ha ha ha
Yes you can buy a drink in the bar. But you might have to buy the membership first. (Although they were trying to change that law last year).
O yaa Pologymy is still practiced. But not approved of. Usually not by Mormons.
O and least of but not last Yes Utah is a state. It is on the map right between Colorado and Neveda and its south of Idaho and north of Arizona
Have a great day Ladies
Old 06-24-2010, 06:38 PM

I am a born-breed-lived here all my life Georgia peach!

We are edumacated...sum of us are even 10th grad graduates from the University. That makes most of us dawgs...more exact...BullDawgs. We bleed red and black and MUST pass thru Athens to get to Heaven.

A lot of us drive them ole pick-me up trucks...gotta have somethin for the in-laws to live in. No room in the shack. We use trees for outhouses. Coka-cola is our drink of choice along with some of Jimmy's peanuts. Moonpies are a main dish. Southern fried chicken, fried green tomatoes, fried okry, and a mess of collard greens and chittlins with SWEET tea and watermelon is the BEST Sunday dinner ya'll ever had. Don't make fun of our Southern drawl...it's taken us years to perfect it. We fly ALL flags... American, Confederate, State of Georgia, and of course...NASCAR. We love every one...cept for that General Sherman dude. Him not nice...think he's got a fire-fettish! Hot in Georgia makes the Devil think he's at the North Pole.

(please take with the humor intended) Gotta admit...the pickup trucks do help with the hauling of new sewing machines and fabric!

God Bless America and God Bless All of our friends across the world!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:58 PM

In Texas we don't all wear cowboy hats, spurs, carry guns & ride horses. DS does 3 of them though. We are the only state that celebrates June 19. (I think). Like Alabama we aren't all rednecks, hillbillies or white trash. Our Mexican food is nothing like over the border. It's called Tex-Mex. Lots of red rind cheese, chili gravy & meat. We mainly BBQ beef. We go to town to get a coke even if it is Dr Pepper. We aren't married to our 1st cousins. I can't think of any more right now. Oh we are all very friendly.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Catlady
Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
In Illinois

We are not ALL in the mafia
We are not ALL from Chicago (those of us on the out skirts say we are cause it's jsut easier (My town is located just over the boarder of Chicago)
John Belushi is NOT buried in any Chicago Cemetery... That includes Elmwood Park Cemetery (at least this is what they claim)
We are not apart of Tornado alley, only on the very very outskirts

We don't all talk like wise guys...

We DO sound like the people on TV so therefore we do not have an accent. ;)

WE did originate Yous Guys... Not New Jersey ;)

Some of the best comedic Actors DID come from Chicago
and we have the best pizza!LOL
We sure do!!!

On the travel channel, they did a Chicago vs New York on pizza... and New York won. Why? Cause they used firefighters from LA who know nothing about pizza.