Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-10-2014, 07:57 AM

I too love the Civil War fabrics! I don't care for the 30's fabric but I will love anything any one of you make for me. How will we know who we will be making our mug rug for? Will we be assigned someone with their likes and dislikes?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:09 AM

Just sent a PM Miss Brat, nothing like the last minute!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:16 AM

Brat...of course you should join in! That is lots of work on your end not to enjoy some little part of it!
I am OK with not opening it until the 15th too. And if someone drops out, just let me know and if I have the time, I will try my best to help out.

Oh, on like and dislikes, I too will like anything, but a little info on me. I am into photography, machine embroidery, quilting, Saints football, fleurdelis, black & tan, raccoons, into "elegant" looking fabrics and I tend to always be drawn to bright colored fabrics and I absolutely LOVE batiks. Not so much country look ie: roosters, chickens, pastels. But will love whatever I receive as I know the time and effort they all take!
I am so anxious to see what my swappee is into so that I can decide what to make and head out to shop!!
Toni Ann
Old 10-10-2014, 08:30 AM

Such a diverse bunch of quilter's! I enjoy reading about everyone's preferences.......but especially how willing to accept whatever comes because it was made with love!

I agree that Elisabrat MUST participate in the swap. Please do!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:03 AM

Brat, of course you should join in the fun. What shouldn't you???
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 AM

I have a thought -- whomever gets Brat's name can PM someone else in the swap and swap names, and that way even Brat won't know who her secret santa is!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:19 AM

MizMelly, that is an excellent idea.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:14 AM

oh so I will be tossed to the wind... given to some unknown... lol... pondering just who is my partner... oh dear in deed!

THIS SWAP IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR SIGN UPS. So sorry but the time has come for me to sort out who gets who for the swap. this is a true challenge for me. oh dear yes it is. secret pals are NOT my area of expertise. I will try hard to make sure everyone has one partner to send to so that there are no boo whoo's to be found!

I have one person needed to swap Canada, one England and one Australia. Please notify me immediately if you can do any of them (oh what the heck or all of them!) lol. I have one person who will swap wherever. The woman in Canada is willing to swap to here and same with England. Australia is taken care of where she is sending.. need a sender to Australia however. So let me know... gracias Senoritas. We want everyone welcomed here. Newbies, sisters across the seas and hiding out in the cold frosty terrains (lol) of Canada to be welcome with open arms. so waiting for those flying fast as you can type emails saying pick me pick me! I appreciate it!

ok last but not least: I am asking all people with less than 1000 postings here to please send me a note once a week or post on the board once a week til the swap is over. I don't want anyone to disappear into the woodwork on me. If I don't hear from you in that week or see a posting I will write you. If you don't respond in 3 days I will have to repartner your swap and you will be dropped. I don't want any and I mean ANY bad feedback coming in come Dec. if I get it I will make a list and post it right here for all to see with your name on it. I am very serious about this. This is a fun swap, it should remain fun. That said if you don't send you wont be invited to play in any other swaps again. ok enough of the unfun stuff. sorry but it has to be said. the people here at the quilting board work hard to see that everyone enjoys themselves and I intend to make sure it happens (me the gimpo who gets worn out easy just typing these things so watch out lol). LET THE GAMES BEGIN. I will send you your secret pal either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. I figure with eighty emails to copy paste and send it will take me forever! so be patient with me. if you don't hear by tomorrow evening send me an email to let me know I will see who I have pared you with and you should be set.

Last edited by Elisabrat; 10-10-2014 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
I have a thought -- whomever gets Brat's name can PM someone else in the swap and swap names, and that way even Brat won't know who her secret santa is!
That is a great idea! Also, Brat. of course you may participate! What fun! As for me, I requested a summery mug rug. I normally don't go for really bright but in this case I think it would be good. In fact, I agree that whoever sends to me, I will love anything I get! When am working on something for someone else, I am thinking of that person. So I think it works the same way when someone makes something for me. I will treasure what ever is made for me.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Brat, I can sympathize with you. Last month I had to send out 33 emails for the pincushion/needlecase swap. That took me a long time. I can't imagine sending out 80!