Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Toot Toot, tkhooper! Add another to the finished list! If you do get that pic, I'd love to see it.

Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
ditto qltrsue. My kitty has a little pad that she ignores in favor to my heating pad.

Finished and turned in the raggedy brick quilt. It ended up larger than I anticipated. i finished it at quilt club and turned it in so I didn't get a picture but the club photographer did. i have no idea if I can get a copy for here.

So now it's the christmas heart table runner. my new dead line is to have it finished by Tuesday. Wish me luck.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:38 PM

Well done tkhooper.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:36 PM

Oooo, yall have been busy. So many pretty inspiring finishes. My train got derailed for a few days while I went off to visit my grandchildren in NC. But, I prepped all my blocks for the last 2 steps on my Giant Swoon before I left. I sure do want this one to be my January finish! So, I am now home and will work on that tomorrow.

Allspots, what a great finish. I just love those 1/2 sq. triangles.
Anoka quilter, I too have a pool table I use for basting my quilt tops. That sure is some pretty quilting you have going on.
VickiM, wow, 2 finishes!! That's motivating. And, maybe a little intimidating too. I love the aqua and orange BOM. 2 great finishes!
Fraew, I love your rainbow avatar! And your siggy quilt is another beautiful rainbow as well. Thanks for the link. And, I am absolutely ga ga over your swirly quilting.
Retiredteacher, 4 (gulp) great finishes. They sure look cheery.
Melanie, pretty quilt top. I love the color!
QlterSue, I too love your pretty hand quilting. Great finish!!
Janice, your kitty is just going to love your pretty finish. I too have an extremely skinny kitty. (And, she's been fixed.) She's around 15 years old and still going strong. She sleeps a bit more. lol

So, a big toot toot to all who have already added to the count. I can't wait to add a finish as well. My train is now back on the track.

Last edited by Judith1005; 01-08-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:00 PM

Finishing the easy ones first...this is a 2 1/2" scrap boy quilt I will bring to guild Monday for a donation. I had made my grandson a T-shirt & sports themed cottons queen size quilt 3 years ago for his high school graduation & these are leftover scrap 2 1/2" strips from that. So I used it last year as a L/E while putting a different quilt together. Quilted & bound it today (binding is 2 1/2" strips too--all scrappy). I'm really working on getting as many of these UFO's done before "life happens" again this year...I always seem to do well on them for the first half of the year...so I try to get as many done as possible in that time. I just have so many, so rather than be overwhelmed with them, I just grab one & work on it till it's done; then grab another! I can't say I will not do other things till they are all done as I have another BOM starting in guild, will do Judy's mystery as soon as she's able to sew again & starts it again, etc. The tops will always be ongoing, but then just folded up & put in a bin till I get in the mood to finish. I am so bad at doing that; so I know I will ALWAYS have dozens of UFO's every year...being involved in UFO challenges every year helps me get a good amount of them out each year to actually finish them & pass them along!
I love seeing everyone's finishes...every one is different & they all have different stories!
Attached Thumbnails scrappy-boy-quilt.jpg  
Old 01-08-2016, 07:31 PM

Janice McC It was fun looking at the squares in your quilt. I think I saw one of mine! PURRRRfect use for this practice piece.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 PM

Love seeing all the finishes. I am slowly hand quilting a baby quilt made of a panel but will still keep a baby warm and that is going to be my first finish of this year but since I only work on it when I am watching a movie, it may be the end of Feb. before it gets done. Janice, you are doing a great job at engineer and so great to see so many folks jumping on board.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:31 AM

Default Raggedy Brick

I hope this works. It was suppose to be a lap quilt but I turned off the lights in the craftroom.
Attached Thumbnails 2016-01-08004.jpg  

Last edited by tkhooper; 01-09-2016 at 05:32 AM. Reason: More info.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the pic and a big Toot Toot for your finish! This will be a terrific quilt for some lucky youngster. Great idea using the strips as a leader/ender project. It'll work up in the blink of an eye. I look forward to seeing more of your quilts. Congrats!

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Finishing the easy ones first...this is a 2 1/2" scrap boy quilt I will bring to guild Monday for a donation. I had made my grandson a T-shirt & sports themed cottons queen size quilt 3 years ago for his high school graduation & these are leftover scrap 2 1/2" strips from that. So I used it last year as a L/E while putting a different quilt together. Quilted & bound it today (binding is 2 1/2" strips too--all scrappy). I'm really working on getting as many of these UFO's done before "life happens" again this year...I always seem to do well on them for the first half of the year...so I try to get as many done as possible in that time. I just have so many, so rather than be overwhelmed with them, I just grab one & work on it till it's done; then grab another! I can't say I will not do other things till they are all done as I have another BOM starting in guild, will do Judy's mystery as soon as she's able to sew again & starts it again, etc. The tops will always be ongoing, but then just folded up & put in a bin till I get in the mood to finish. I am so bad at doing that; so I know I will ALWAYS have dozens of UFO's every year...being involved in UFO challenges every year helps me get a good amount of them out each year to actually finish them & pass them along!
I love seeing everyone's finishes...every one is different & they all have different stories!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the pic, tkhooper!
Originally Posted by tkhooper View Post
I hope this works. It was suppose to be a lap quilt but I turned off the lights in the craftroom.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:01 PM

One step forward, two steps back. I had posted earlier that I had 3 finishes. Was very happy to turn them into today and my charity group Sew and Meet. Then we learned a fun and quick pattern, so I brought 2 tops home. Now back up to 22 UFO's. I'm making an oath to have them finished for next month's Sew and Meet. I will finish, I will finish, I will finish...