Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-07-2016, 12:39 PM

Hi Barney, LOL, now there's a question I didn't expect. Her nose is black but the skin around it and her mouth is black and pink. Her fur is especially short and thin around her nose, all over really, hence the pinkness. The more active she is, the more pink it becomes. She's part chameleon I suppose. Thanks for asking about her. She started out as my "grand dog" but when my youngest son moved to CA, he was unable to take her along. We immediately volunteered to keep her as ours. I've loved all my pets but this one has stolen my heart in a way I previously thought impossible.
Originally Posted by barny View Post
Janice from Georgia, I know this is off the road, but why is your wonderful dogs nose red? Barny
Old 01-07-2016, 12:55 PM

I like this - I'm in! I just pinned a quilt today. This top called "Vintage Vacation" has been done since July 2013 when I blogged it. Thanks for the challenge and I look forward to see what everyone gets done.

Last edited by Melanie Rudy; 01-07-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: layout
Old 01-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Welcome to Kristakz and Melanie Rudy. Kristakz, love your avatar. And Melanie, your top sings out to me, or rather the colors do. The orange/cheddar is so vibrant!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:04 PM

I soooo need to do this I have more UFO's than I care to admit to in various points of completion. My current goal is to finish a baby quilt by Feb 6th that is the only one I am putting a date on.

I also have started and want to finish

* queen size boot quilt for my youngest daughter.
* king size sampler from a boomerang swap quilt for my bed
* 2 twin size reproduction 30's prints sampler also from a boom swap
* king size wedding gift from a wedding this last October :-0 (I promised it by their first anniversary)
* oversized couch quilt dresden plate from a vintage store find
* Christmas lap quilt from a board swap
* Halloween lap quilt from a board swap
*****I make combine theses 2 and make it reversible******

These are the ones I am willing to acknowledge to having started and really want to finish there are more hiding in the wings in various states of completion, I mean non completion.

But I also would like to start and finish a queen size floral quilt for my niece, A queen size music quilt for my oldest daughters boyfriend, a king size quilt for my nephews wedding coming up (it will not be done in time for the wedding), and a queen size T shirt quilt also for my youngest daughter.

I think I may have to do some prioritizing and figure out what really needs to be finished not by what is oldest.

This is me climbing aboard with my massive amounts of luggage and maybe with a couple of stowaways too.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:22 PM

All spots, love your quilt and the great warm colors. Makes you want to cuddle up in it
Old 01-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

So many of you have dug out your projects...mine heard I was coming and snuggled deeper into the abyss......kudos to you....
Old 01-07-2016, 06:16 PM

Billi, welcome!!! Nice to see you here. Maybe select the easiest to give yourself an easy intro. (I'm still working on a simple binding for a small project. Hope to finish it this weekend.)

Oksewglad, too funny! Maybe you can sneak up on it...
Old 01-07-2016, 06:51 PM

Janice great job getting 4 off your list. The raggedy quilt has really worked well for stash busting. The next one I will do is for home spuns or plaids which are suggested on the directions. The charity group has a bin of them and I can use up a far number of them in a lap quilt 48x48.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:36 AM

I'm hopping in. I have many UFOs. Do I really have to count them? Also, do they have to be quilts? I have so many small projects that are cut out and need to be finished. I seem to start things and get turned in a wrong direction and get to work on something else. Of course there are quilts, wall hangings, table runners, etc that I have said I will do for other people. Mostly my family. I have a large family and it seems like everyone wants something. I also want to learn to QAYG. Maybe if I can organize my UFOs I won't feel so overwhelmed.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 AM

I lurked in the thread last year and enjoyed seeing the pictures of finished quilts. I wanted to join halfway through the year, but wasn't ready to admit the extent of my problem - which has only gotten worse. At this point, I am a bit overwhelmed. I have only been quilting 2 years and have 23 UFOs. Fortunately, most are just kits where I have already cut up all of the fabric, but there are at least 5 in some stage of completion. So I am in, too!